Nuveen, the investment manager of TIAA, offers a comprehensive range of outcome-focused investment solutions designed to secure the long-term financial goals of institutional and individual investors. Its affiliates offer deep expertise across a comprehensive range of traditional and alternative investments through a wide array of vehicles and customized strategies.
The Lead DevOps Analyst is responsible for working closely with internal technology teams, both on location and remote, to help create, test, and manage the automated application build, package, and deployment pipeline for all applications across the enterprise as well as script and automate the provision of infrastructure as required. He or she will help enforce the continuous integration and deployment best practices and will assist with training the staff as required. He or she will also help manage and maintain the version control and build platforms. The Senior DevOps Analyst is also responsible for overseeing the release management process, managing deployment queues, and ensuring that change control and other processes are adhered to appropriately.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
The Senior DevOps Analyst should possess extensive knowledge of source code management and branching best practices as well as have a deep understanding of the continuous integration and continues deployment end to end workflow.
This position required the ability to understand and solve highly complex problems by synthesizing information from logs and working with cross functional teams to assess a mitigate issues with build and deployments.
Specific industry knowledge is not required, however, and understanding of the financial services industry is beneficial.
* Primarily internal communication with IT teams both onsite and in remote locations on application builds and deployments
* Work collaboratively teams on build and deployment support issues
* Presenting to and training groups of peers regarding DevOps best practices
* Clearly communicate concepts and ideas to technology leadership
* Version control platform administration including source code management (TFVC and GIT)
* Cloud based infrastructure template creation and deployment scripting
* Automate application Build, Package, and Deployment procedures using the standard platforms
* Manage application releases process and ensure process compliance
* Develop DevOps best practices and train technology teams as required
* Manage and deploy to containerized environments
* 4+ years of experience in Information Technology
* 2+ years in a DevOps position
* 2+ years working with GIT or TFVC
* Experience managing Windows or Linux environments.
* Experience with the Jenkins or TFS build system.
* Experience with PowerShell, BASH or Python.
* Experience with ElectricFlow or comparable deployment tools
* SQL syntax, networking,
* Terraform or comparable infrastructure as code provision languages
* Agile Scrum/Kanban
* JIRA +
* Ansible or other IT automation scripting tools
* XAML build experience
* Kubernetes and Docker or comparable container orchestration environments.
* Artifactory or other package repository
* Chocolaty or comparable package managers
* AWS public cloud experience preferred
* Azure public cloud experience beneficial
* Experience running production releases
* AWS SysOps Admin and/or AWS DevOps Professional Certification
Equal Employment Opportunity is not just the law, it's our commitment. Read more about the Equal Employment Opportunity Law.
If you need assistance applying due to being visually or hearing impaired, please email Careers Help.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We will consider all qualified applicants for employment regardless of age, race, color, national origin, sex, religion, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other legally protected status.
* Requisition ID: 1720163