GENERAL SUMMARY & SCOPE
The Lead POS Developer will be an experienced business and technology specialist responsible for architecting, designing and implementing enterprise business solutions in the retail environment. This role is a hands-on Java developer, technical contributor, subject matter expert and a leadership position on applications technologies.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES (*Essential Functions)
* Lead the design and development of enterprise wide vendor and proprietary solutions predominantly in the Oracle Xstore spectrum (Xstore, xServices, and Xcenter) and Verifone Software (FiPay, RTS, and FMS).
* Hands on Java development in the Micros Retail's Xstore extension layer for the timely resolution of production bugs and capital enhancement requests.
* Write well designed, testable, and efficient code.
* Contribute in all phases of the development lifecycle using Agile methodologies and prepare releases of software components.
* Responsible for the overall design and architecture of retail systems, focused exclusively on point of sale and its back-end integrations with SAP Retail.
* Lead discussions with internal business partners to identify needs and translate business requirements into detail functional specifications and technical solutions.
* Research and evaluate technologies and commercial solutions to determine solution design options and trade-offs.
* Act as Project Manager, IT subject matter expert providing technical and best practice guidance to team through the full lifecycles of a project.
* Collaborate with the business and technical organizations to guide the design, and implementation of the new store systems solutions.
* Defining process and methodologies for solution architecture and implementation.
* Coaching and mentoring IT resources to ensure effective and sustainable solutions.
* Understand the business priorities and opportunities to drive business growth.
* +5 years Java application development experience, with expert knowledge of its ecosystems and framework.
* Experience in developing and consuming Web Services using WSDL, SOAP and HTTP.
* Experience working with and designing development concepts using SDLC tools like Jira, Confluence and Bitbucket.
* Experience working in enterprise development team environment, familiar with Eclipse, configuration management, and defect tracking tools.
* Solid SQL development skills
* Excellent interpersonal & communication skills. Able to effectively convey complicated technical information to diverse audiences
* Excellent analytical and problem-solving abilities. Ability to propose and evaluate technical solution alternatives, assessing the pros and cons of each approach.
* Extensive knowledge of retail POS processes, including customer facing (sales & returns management, promotions & pricing, loyalty, etc.) and back-office (cash management, opening & closing, TLOG processing).
* Micros Retail Xstore POS implementation / development experience
* Experience with Verifone Hardware and Software Integration (Fipay, RTS and FMS)
* Experience with Java POS Hardware (Retail) Integration.
* Experience with Webserver Apache and Jetty.
* Experience interfacing with SAP IS-Retail (plus).
* Must be a self-starter that is results-driven.
* Bachelor's degree in Business, Information Systems, Computer Science or equivalent.
About Ulta Beauty
ULTA Beauty is a beauty retailer.