The Senior/lead software developer will be responsible for defining the application architecture, managing the development teams, validating designs, supporting estimations, adhering to project development processes and best practices around agile project management and delivery, implementing parts of the system architecture using best practices.
What are we looking for in you?
Working with clients and stakeholders to understand the requirements and how they will be implemented and managing team members. This will include designing technical solutions, coding solutions, performing unit testing, conducting code reviews and design reviews, learning new technologies, and becoming an expert in one part of the system.
Do you have the following?
* Responsible for providing technical oversight for a development team with 2 to 6 members
* Design technical solutions based on the business requirements and the existing architecture of a large and complex system
* Establish high, mid and micro level plans and set technical direction
* Work with the project manager in the estimation effort for projects and work to identify and manage risk
* Conduct hands on development activities using Agile methodology for Java based service oriented large and complex system
* Develop conceptual and technical design including use of Service Oriented Architecture
* Conduct Java application development/coding activities
* Document technical design as well as other technical documents based on project's compliance requirements.
* Work with the client's IT organization to ensure compliance with IT guidelines and polices
* Participate in and encourage interactive discussion during technical design and code reviews
* Mentor junior team members
* Ensure adherence to continuous improvement practices as required meeting quality / time to market imperatives.
* Minimum 8 years in systems integration and development, package implementation, and/or interactive design
* Minimum 4 years design and architecture experience with major Java technologies, such as Spring and Hibernate frameworks
* Solid understanding of all parts of Software Engineering (e.g. Requirements, Design, Implementation, Testing) and the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
* Understanding and experience with patterns and techniques such as Micro services, Domain Driven Design, Test Driven Design among others.
* Experience in design, development, & production support for projects using Java / Spring based Services Oriented Architecture (SOA)
* Must be a U.S. Citizen or U.S. Legal Permanent Resident
* Eligible for U.S. Government Clearance.
Nice to haves:
* Experience with Geographical Information Systems (GIS) is a plus
* Demonstrates ability to do technical design and develop using Java technologies and SOA
* Experience with supporting federal security requirements for enterprise applications
* Strong leadership and communication skills to effectively manage client accounts and multi-task teams.
* Experience successfully delivering a solution using an agile or iterative SDLC
* Experience with Object Oriented Technologies
* Ability to work and coordinate with key owners and stakeholders
* Proven leadership skills to independently manage a team of work with 2 to 6 people, during various phases of the project lifecycle
* Experience with workflow and document management solutions is a plus.
* Experience with migrating to cloud environment like AWS is a plus.
* Experience with Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery and DevOps is a plus.
* Experience working with responsive web designs and mobile web sites is a plus.
* Experience with API definition tools such as Swagger is a plus
* Experience with front-end development workflows using Git, Node.js/npm, Gulp, and Bower is a plus.
Flexibility and mobility is required to deliver this role as there may be requirements to spend time onsite with our clients to enable delivery of the first class services we pride ourselves in.
Publicis Sapient is a digital transformation partner helping established organizations get to their future, digitally-enabled state, both in the way they work and the way they serve their customers. We help unlock value through a start-up mindset and modern methods, fusing strategy, consulting and customer experience with agile engineering and problem-solving creativity. As digital pioneers with 20,000 people and 53 offices around the globe, our experience spanning technology, data sciences, consulting and customer obsession - combined with our culture of curiosity and relentlessness - enables us to accelerate our clients' businesses through designing the products and services their customers truly value. Publicis Sapient is the digital business transformation hub of Publicis Groupe. For more information, visit publicissapient.com.
As part of our dedication to an inclusive and diverse workforce, Publicis Sapient is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity without regard for race, color, national origin, ethnicity, gender, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or religion. We are also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com or you may call us at +1-617-621-0200.