If you have what it takes to become part of the Vistra Energy family and would like to start a promising career with a global leader, take a look at the exciting employment opportunities that are currently available and apply online.
The Lead Developer will provide IT support and development for advanced analytics at Vistra, and will ensure the timeliness, quality and accuracy of the data and platforms that support the analytics functions.
* Implement and maintain IT analytics platforms; understand and deliver on the functional support and analytical data needs within Vistra.
* Apply subject matter expertise for acquiring and understanding data from energy utilities within and outside of ERCOT for use in forecasting and modeling for commercial purposes.
* Create data policies, standards, guidelines and procedures in order to ensure data to support analytics is available, responsive, and achieving business outcomes and objectives
* Create and implement data and analytics solutions or enhancements to improve overall Vistra data architecture; conduct research and make recommendations on new data management processes and innovations.
* Partner closely with vendors, service providers, the business and internal team to define and understand analytics needs in order to achieve key performance indicators and Service Level Agreements for the benefit of Vistra and its business objectives.
* Determine analytics business needs and translate them into functional requirements, update/create documentation (Business Process Designs, Functional Designs, Data Architecture)
* Participate in analytics projects and Agile teams; make recommendations and implement changes to mitigate risks and optimize analytics performance.
* 8 to 10 years of experience in data management, integration/APIs, big data and/or related practice such as data science.
* Bachelor's degree in MIS, Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering or a related field from an accredited college/university (or equivalent)
* Architect and Develop realtime (streaming), semi-realtime and batch oriented Cloud based data ingestion process.
* Implement AWS Cloud Native data stores ( S3,Redshift, Dynamodb)
* Develop Micro Services/API end points (SOAP,REST,ODATA) for analytical data sets and process.
* Expertise in Python development frameworks.
* Hands on experience with Cloud Automation and Orchestration tools.
* Familiarity with Energy/Utilities Domain is a plus.
Vistra Corporate Services Company
TexasWe are a company of people committed to: Exceeding Customer Expectations, Great People, Teamwork, Competitive Spirit and Effective Communication. If this describes you, then you will have a good career here!
If you currently work for Vistra Energy, TXU or Luminant please apply via the internal career site.