Bank Of New York Mellon
Clearing Markets Iss Service Technology is looking for a Hands-on Developer to augment their existing team. The web developer would have the following responsibilities: Responsibilities:
* Provide application software development services or technical support in relatively straightforward projects.
* Understand and follow the Software Development Life Cycle.
* Prepare and execute test plan and test data and record test results.
* Write new programs, work with basic application system designs and specifications utilizing standard procedures and techniques.
* Design and code program that requires strong Java, SQL database and solid web application development skills.
* Create test transactions and run tests to find errors and revise programs as necessary.
* Document installation and operating procedures. Interface with architects to design, code, test and implement application programs.
* Conduct analysis of organizational needs and goals for the development and implementation of reporting application systems.
* Propose innovative, creative technology solutions.
* Contribute to the achievement of team objectives.
Lead Developer->> Provides application software development services or technical support in situations of moderate complexity. May also be responsible for requirements gathering and BRD/SRD preparation. Has thorough knowledge of the Software Development Life Cycle. Conducts reviews of the test Plan and test Data. Writes new programs of moderate complexity and scope, working with basic application system designs and specifications, utilizing BNY Mellon's standard development methodology, procedures and techniques. Designs and codes programs, and creates test transactions and runs tests to find errors and revise programs. Prepares the final and detailed versions of system modification requirements, ensures turnovers are done on time and correctly. Interfaces with architects to design, code, test and implement application programs. Conducts analysis of organizational needs and goals for the development and implementation of application systems. Proposes innovative, creative technology solutions. Contributes to the achievement of related teams' objectives. Qualifications Preferred Skills/Qualifications:
* Proficiency in Java and Spring/Dojo framework.
* Good written and verbal skills.
Bachelor's degree in computer science engineering or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required, 4-6 years of experience in software development required, experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus, should have thorough knowledge of the software development cycle.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Primary Location: United States-New York-New York
Internal Jobcode: 45115
Job: Information Technology
Organization: Clearing Markets ISS Svcs Tech-HR16624
Requisition Number: 1909001
About Bank Of New York Mellon
BNY Mellon is an investments company which provides investment management, investment services and wealth management.
Bank Of New York Mellon