Green Dot is seeking a Database Engineer to work on multiple applications and data development projects that help millions of people manage, access and spend their money every day.
You should have hands-on experience in a multitude of domains including but not limited to: 24x7x365 enterprise and cloud database infrastructure design and management, security, business continuity, disaster recovery, database design, database development, database tuning, enterprise data storage and backup, service delivery, incident tracking, change management, and general database administration.
* Design strategies for database systems as well as set standards for operations, programming and security.
* Develop physical modeling standards and strategies to support Data Warehouse domains.
* Ensures physical database features and capabilities are incorporated into data model designs to optimize performance.
* Designs deliverables that are defined with appropriate database platform and security context.
* Perform problem-solving of application issues and production errors, including high level critical production issues that require immediate attention.
* Design and code a high volume of SQL Queries, stored procedures, and SSIS packages
* Monitor and perform performance tuning on stored procedures and ETL jobs
* Monitor and analyze SQL Server production metrics
* Extensive knowledge of SQL Server including the writing of complex stored procedures, functions and SSIS packages as well as basic knowledge of database administration
* Strong understanding and experience of database development methodologies (Agile and Scrum)
* Expert level knowledge of SQL administration, engineering, and monitoring tools
* Demonstrated expertise in performance tuning including both query and server optimization
* Strong knowledge and experience in data modeling, relational database design, optimization for performance, T-SQL, stored procedures, SSIS packages
* Expertise in understanding complex business needs, analyzing, designing and developing solutions
* Advanced knowledge of relational database design, testing and implementation
* Advanced communication and professional skills and the ability to establish relationships across business units
* Ability to participate in an on-call support rotation and provide non-standard work hour support
* Extensive SQL Server performance tuning and troubleshooting experience
* Hands-on development experience in SQL Server 2012/2016
* Experience with SSIS
* Financial technology domain knowledge would be a plus
* Experience with .NET, MVC, C# HTML5 CSS3 AJAX jQuery IIS and Java script would be a plus
* Computer Science Degree Highly Desired
About Green Dot
Green Dot Corporation is an issuer of prepaid MasterCard and Visa cards in the United States.