Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specializes in the delivery of unique, personalized customer experiences across platforms and devices. For more than 30 years, Fortune 1000 companies and leading nonprofit organizations have partnered with Merkle to maximize the value of their customer portfolios. The agency's heritage in data, technology, and analytics forms the foundation for its unmatched skills in understanding consumer insights that drive people-based marketing strategies. Its combined strengths in performance media, customer experience, customer relationship management, loyalty, and enterprise marketing technology drive improved marketing results and competitive advantage. With 4,400+ employees, Merkle is headquartered in Columbia, Maryland, with additional offices in the US, Europe, and Asia. In 2016, the agency joined the Dentsu Aegis Network.
Our Technical Leaders are responsible for the detailed design and development of multi-terabyte marketing databases that integrate our client's data with demographic data for prospects and consumers. Our databases typically house hundreds of millions of individuals and billions of transactions. Once hired, the qualified candidate will be immersed in the development and maintenance of database marketing solutions to meet client business objectives.
* Data warehouse architecture and ETL design
* Build and maintain SQL procedures and ETL processes
* Manage and mentor a team of developers in a matrix organization
* Design and implement technical vision for client project
* Own overall project architecture and technical delivery of solution
* Interact with client on regular basis
* Assist in requirements gathering and data analysis as needed
* Estimate work effort and assist the Project Manager with task planning and LOE (level of effort) estimates
* Provide technical leadership and oversight of a project development team
* Review work product of others for compliance with development standards
* Provide guidance and mentoring in database marketing development best practices
* Write technical documentation
* Qualified individuals possess the Merkle attributes of being smart, curious, committed to vision, passionate, fun/pleasant, an achiever and having a sense of urgency
* Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university in Computer Science or equivalent
* 5+ years of data focused software development and design experience
* 3+ years of experience designing and developing ETL solutions using Informatica PowerCenter 9.x version, Matillion, Talend
* Experience designing and developing database solutions using SQL server and/or Cloud database solutions (Hadoop, Redshift, Snowflake, BigQuery, MySQL, etc.)
* Experience with cloud technologies - AWS, GCP, Azure is a plus.
* Strong understanding of software design principles, algorithms, data structures, design patterns, and multithreading concepts.
* Strong client-facing skills (communication, explanation, slideware, etc.)
* Strong project/task management skills
* Strong knowledge of software engineering and development methodologies, techniques, and tools, including Configuration Management (SVN), Issue Tracking (Jira), and Software Development Lifecycle (waterfall; agile)
* Experience as a team lead
* Experience with Customer Data Integration or Master Data Management preferred
Merkle fosters a diverse environment that encourages original thinking about our business and empowers us to communicate with a global world of customers. We embrace differences of opinion and diversity of thought as they help us challenge and refine our solutions. Merkle, as a best-in-class marketing agency, welcomes big ideas, and believes they can come from anywhere.