For 30 years, clients in the private and public sectors have relied upon SOS International LLC (SOSi) for critical operations in the world's most challenging environments. SOSi is privately held, was founded by its current ownership in 1989, maintains corporate headquarters in Reston, VA, and specializes in providing logistics, construction, training, intelligence, and information technology solutions to the defense, diplomatic, intelligence and law enforcement communities.
All interested individuals will receive consideration and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or protected veteran status. SOSi takes affirmative action in support of its policy to advance diversity and inclusion of individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
6-190605-9067: Lead Database Administrator (Oracle)
LocationU.S. - Virginia - Arlington Open Date6/10/2019 JOB DESCRIPTION
STG, a wholly owned subsidiary of SOS International LLC (SOSi), is seeking a Lead Oracle Database Administrator in Arlington, VA.
The ideal candidate will possess experience in leading a small team of oracle database administrators in operational support of production, test and development environments utilizing Oracle 11g and 12c. The selected individual will be an active member of a mature Agile development team utilizing SAFe methodologies to develop, edit and refine documentation as part of the software development lifecycle process. Collaborating closely with the development and operations teams and customer stakeholders to bring together the full range of technical and business competencies needed to enable successful achievement of customer service deliverables and SLAs, technology transformation, business requirements and other work deliverables which are consistent with organizational goals and objectives. The candidate will work in a collaborative manner with the operations and architecture teams to propose, brainstorm, represent, and implement simple to complex architectural solutions.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES
* Support Oracle 11g and 12c Databases on Windows and Linux platforms for mission critical applications
* Report the status of all database tasks to audiences of varying degrees of technical knowledge
* Coordinate and communicate efforts which involving multiple internal and external teams
* Create schedules, plans and related documents of all database tasks
* Manage a 5-person team of senior level DBAs
* Provide database administration support to multiple agile software development teams
* Work with Operations and System Administration teams to maintain and enhance the production database infrastructure
* Work as a key member of a software development program, recommending architecture (software and hardware) changes and enhancements to provide system security and efficiencies.
* Work with the ISSO team on annual accreditation documents, scans, and demos.
* Serve as a member of an Agile Development team utilizing SAFe methodologies.
* Develop and carry out information security plans and policies
* BS in Computer Science, Mathematics or related field of study
* Oracle Certified Professional (OCP)
* Project Management Professional (PMP)
* Experience: 10 years minimum support Oracle databases
* Secret clearance or ability to obtain interim (which requires US citizenship)
* Experience with Oracle Streams and/or Oracle GoldenGate
* Experience supporting Oracle database on both Windows and Linux platforms
* Experience with Oracle 11g and 12c
* Experience with Oracle database security requirements as documented in NIST Guidelines
* Able to provide 24 X 7 support on a rotating basis
* Experience with Microsoft Project
* Experience working with Agile software development team
* Work environment is normal for office setting. All work is performed on site.
* The ability to thrive in fast-paced, high-stress situations
* The ability to communicate effectively both verbal and oral with customers, colleagues and other contractors.