Posting Job Description
Responsible for the design, implementation and maintenance of production databases in compliance with application specifications and company policies, standards and procedures. Manages and maintains all production and non-production databases.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Actively and consistently supports all efforts to simplify and enhance the customer experience.
* Performs installations and configurations of grid infrastructure, databases, clients etc.
* Designs and maintains access and security administration.
* Designs, implements and maintains backup and recovery strategies on Database Management Systems.
* Supports multiple services and multiple databases of medium complexity with multiple concurrent users, ensuring control, integrity and accessibility of data.
* Designs, installs, configures and maintains High Availability (RAC, RAC One Node, Data Guard etc.) Database solutions.
* Expertise in setup using OEM as a monitoring and diagnostics tool and identifies/resolves the performance issues.
* Troubleshoots alerts (alert log, Jobs, Disk Group, Tablespace etc.) and performance issues.
* Performs capacity planning of Oracle server environment and provides recommendations to management to sustain business growth.
* Designs, implements, maintains Disaster Recovery (DR) methodologies and creates documentation.
* Gathers business requirements and designs, implements multiple projects along with the production support.
* Creates standard operational procedures and templates.
* Acts as mentor for Database Administrators and Associate Database Administrators.
* Performs research and provides plans to remediate complex business problems.
* Assists the development teams to improve database design and procedures on PL/SQL best practices etc.
BASIC / MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field and / or equivalent work experience.
* Minimum six (6) years of experience working with Oracle and various database management systems in testing, implementation, maintenance and administration in a multiple platform environment.
ADDITIONAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
* Knowledge of database architecture and its implementation and PL/SQL programming language.
* Strong understanding of best practices in maintaining medium to large scale Oracle database systems.
* Ability to communicate orally and in writing in a clear and straightforward manner with all levels of management and company personnel.
* Capable of handling multiple projects and tasks, prioritize and organize effectively, and to show judgment and initiative and to accomplish job duties.
* Ability to make decisions and solve problems while working under pressure.
* Capable of using a personal computer and software applications (i.e. word processing, spreadsheet, etc.).
* Ability to work both independently and with others to resolve problems, handle requests or situations.
* Strong understanding of Change Management procedures, Instance, database and query tuning to improve the performance of the database/application.
* Knowledge of SAN technologies related to SQL server disk layouts, Windows/Linux/Solaris operating systems and shell scripting.
* Office environment
* 24x7 on-call support