Responsible for the design, implementation and maintenance of production databases in compliance with application specifications and company policies, standards and procedures. Manages and maintains all production and non-production databases.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Actively and consistently supports all efforts to simplify and enhance the customer experience.
* Performs installations and configurations of grid infrastructure, databases, clients etc.
* Designs and maintains access and security administration.
* Designs, implements and maintains backup and recovery strategies on Database Management Systems.
* Supports multiple services and multiple databases of medium complexity with multiple concurrent users, ensuring control, integrity and accessibility of data.
* Designs, installs, configures and maintains High Availability (RAC, RAC One Node, Data Guard etc.) Database solutions.
* Expertise in setup using OEM as a monitoring and diagnostics tool and identifies/resolves the performance issues.
* Troubleshoots alerts (alert log, Jobs, Disk Group, Tablespace etc.) and performance issues.
* Performs capacity planning of Oracle server environment and provides recommendations to management to sustain business growth.
* Designs, implements, maintains Disaster Recovery (DR) methodologies and creates documentation.
* Gathers business requirements and designs, implements multiple projects along with the production support.
* Creates standard operational procedures and templates.
* Acts as mentor for Database Administrators and Associate Database Administrators.
* Performs research and provides plans to remediate complex business problems.
* Assists the development teams to improve database design and procedures on PL/SQL best practices etc.
BASIC / MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field and / or equivalent work experience.
* Minimum six (6) years of experience working with Oracle and various database management systems in testing, implementation, maintenance and administration in a multiple platform environment.
ADDITIONAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
* Knowledge of database architecture and its implementation and PL/SQL programming language.
* Strong understanding of best practices in maintaining medium to large scale Oracle database systems.
* Ability to communicate orally and in writing in a clear and straightforward manner with all levels of management and company personnel.
* Capable of handling multiple projects and tasks, prioritize and organize effectively, and to show judgment and initiative and to accomplish job duties.
* Ability to make decisions and solve problems while working under pressure.
* Capable of using a personal computer and software applications (i.e. word processing, spreadsheet, etc.).
* Ability to work both independently and with others to resolve problems, handle requests or situations.
* Strong understanding of Change Management procedures, Instance, database and query tuning to improve the performance of the database/application.
* Knowledge of SAN technologies related to SQL server disk layouts, Windows/Linux/Solaris operating systems and shell scripting.
* Office environment
* 24x7 on-call support