Responsible for the design, implementation and maintenance of production databases in compliance with application specifications and company policies, standards and procedures. Manages and maintains all production and non-production databases.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Actively and consistently supports all efforts to simplify and enhance the customer experience. * Performs installations and configurations of grid infrastructure, databases, clients etc. * Designs and maintains access and security administration. * Designs, implements and maintains backup and recovery strategies on Database Management Systems. * Supports multiple services and multiple databases of medium complexity with multiple concurrent users, ensuring control, integrity and accessibility of data. * Designs, installs, configures and maintains High Availability (RAC, RAC One Node, Data Guard etc.) Database solutions. * Expertise in setup using OEM as a monitoring and diagnostics tool and identifies/resolves the performance issues. * Troubleshoots alerts (alert log, Jobs, Disk Group, Tablespace etc.) and performance issues. * Performs capacity planning of Oracle server environment and provides recommendations to management to sustain business growth. * Designs, implements, maintains Disaster Recovery (DR) methodologies and creates documentation. * Gathers business requirements and designs, implements multiple projects along with the production support. * Creates standard operational procedures and templates. * Acts as mentor for Database Administrators and Associate Database Administrators. * Performs research and provides plans to remediate complex business problems. * Assists the development teams to improve database design and procedures on PL/SQL best practices etc.
BASIC / MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field and / or equivalent work experience. * Minimum six (6) years of experience working with Oracle and various database management systems in testing, implementation, maintenance and administration in a multiple platform environment.
ADDITIONAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
* Knowledge of database architecture and its implementation and PL/SQL programming language. * Strong understanding of best practices in maintaining medium to large scale Oracle database systems. * Ability to communicate orally and in writing in a clear and straightforward manner with all levels of management and company personnel. * Capable of handling multiple projects and tasks, prioritize and organize effectively, and to show judgment and initiative and to accomplish job duties. * Ability to make decisions and solve problems while working under pressure.
* Capable of using a personal computer and software applications (i.e. word processing, spreadsheet, etc.). * Ability to work both independently and with others to resolve problems, handle requests or situations. * Strong understanding of Change Management procedures, Instance, database and query tuning to improve the performance of the database/application. * Knowledge of SAN technologies related to SQL server disk layouts, Windows/Linux/Solaris operating systems and shell scripting.
* Office environment * 24x7 on-call support
Let your dream job find you.
Sign up to start matching with top companies. It’s fast and free.