Alternate Locations: Boston, MA (Massachusetts); Dover, NH (New Hampshire); Omaha, NE (Nebraska)
Relocation assistance is not available for this opportunity.
About the Company
Lincoln Financial Group, a Fortune 250 company with over 10,000 employees, provides advice and solutions that help empower Americans to take charge of their financial lives with confidence. Our core business areas - Life Insurance, Annuities, Retirement Plan Services and Group Protection - focus on supporting, preserving and enhancing over 17 million customer's lifestyles and retirement outcomes.
Headquartered in Radnor, Pennsylvania, Lincoln Financial Group is the marketing name for Lincoln National Corporation (NYSE: LNC) and its affiliates. The company had $238 billion in assets under management as of December 31, 2018.
Ranked one of the Best Large Employers in America by Forbes magazine, Lincoln Financial Group makes a serious investment in our employees' futures through a broad range of wealth accumulation and protection plans, health and wellness programs, and career development resources designed to help each individual reach their personal and professional goals.
As the Lead Data Ware House Developer, you will lead a team and provide subject matter expertise and direction on complex projects/initiatives for your assigned area(s) of application development responsibility. You will develop innovative complex business solutions by creating new applications, modifying existing applications and providing post production support. You will deliver more complex business application software solutions following the system development life cycle process.
* Analyzes, designs, codes, debugs, integrates and tests complex software application solutions for systems.
* Assesses and measures solution design impacts on IT infrastructure capacity, application architecture standards, future maintenance/support needs, and bottom line cost-benefits in consultation with appropriate internal stakeholders.
* Communicates effectively with internal stakeholders and management.
* Creates more complex technical specifications from business requirements/business specifications.
* Ensures that system improvements are successfully implemented.
* Identifies potential application solutions by understanding complex business/technical problems and opportunities.
* Investigates and resolves complex problems including providing support for production systems in a timely manner.
* Partners with internal stakeholders to ensure that systems are designed, developed and implemented from a business point of view.
* Proactively identifies problems and presents/develops complex solutions
* Provides direction to development teams in areas of project scheduling, technical direction and application development standards.
* Provides expertise regarding the integration of applications across the business.
* Provides input on the development of project plans, test plans and implementation plans including determining estimates on time frames, needed resources and budgets.
* Serves as a subject matter expert &/or provides direction on the design & development of applications systems while demonstrating an understanding of the broad implications & financial impacts of proposed solutions on operational & infrastructure support.
* Serves as a technical expert and provides complex technical guidance to junior team members.
* Serves as an escalation point for issue resolution.
* Serves as lead technical resource to ensure completion of development tasks.
* 4 Year/Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience (4 years of experience in lieu of Bachelor's) in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Information Systems, Information Technology or Computer Engineering or equivalent work experience (Minimum Required)
* 5 - 7+ Years experience in application development/data warehouse development that directly aligns with the specific responsibilities for this position (Required)
* Ability to work with others in a team environment.
* Demonstrates strong interpersonal skills with a collaborative style.
* Demonstrated strong relationship management skills with internal clients (e.g. senior management, peers and colleagues); proven ability to develop creative and collaborative approaches.
* Demonstrates strong project management leadership skills including, critical ability to coordinate and balance multiple projects in a time-sensitive environment, under pressure, and meeting deadlines.
* Finds common ground and can gain collaboration among senior/executive management, colleagues and peers; can influence outcomes without directing or commanding.
* Demonstrated ability to identify and recommend processes improvements.
This position may be subject to Lincoln's Political Contribution Policy. An offer of employment may be contingent upon disclosing to Lincoln the details of certain political contributions. Lincoln may decline to extend an offer or terminate employment for this role if it determines political contributions made could have an adverse impact on Lincoln's current or future business interests, misrepresentations were made, or for failure to fully disclose applicable political contributions and or fundraising activities.
Any unsolicited resumes/candidate profiles submitted through our web site or to personal e-mail accounts of employees of Lincoln Financial Group are considered property of Lincoln Financial Group and are not subject to payment of agency fees.
Lincoln Financial Group ("LFG") is an Equal Opportunity employer and, as such, is committed in policy and practice to recruit, hire, compensate, train and promote, in all job classifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, veterans status, or genetic information. Applicants are evaluated on the basis of job qualifications. If you are a person with a disability that impedes your ability to express your interest for a position through our online application process, or require TTY/TDD assistance, contact us by calling 260-455-2558.
Nearest Major Market: Dover
Job Segment: Data Warehouse, Database, Developer, Information Systems, Computer Science, Technology