Looking to be apart of an innovative team? If so read on...
GEICO's Data Science team uses predictive analytics and innovative machine learning models to create value from data. We solve problems across GEICO, from Marketing to Claims and Underwriting, and are responsible for developing and driving strategic modeling initiatives. We see our projects through the entire data science lifecycle, from problem definition to data exploration, data munging, modeling, analysis, and deployment into production systems. We maintain a close partnership with IT to ensure that our models can be deployed quickly and monitored in a flexible deployment framework.
As a Lead Data Scientist, you will work with a talented and diverse team of data scientists with responsibility to:
* Coordinate project teams of data scientists and supporting roles, acting as the primary point of contact in delivering end-to-end innovative, high-quality data solutions with measurable business value
* Build relationships with partner teams, frame and structure questions, as well as summarize and present key insights to both technical and non-technical audiences
* Collaborate with stakeholders to gather, consolidate, and validate business expertise throughout the project lifecycle
* Work with analysts to document requirements, assumptions, and methodology including validation, testing, and implementation strategies
* Coach, mentor, and guide data scientists to advance their career development in both technical and non-technical areas
* Facilitate regular peer reviews and conduct performance reviews
* Assist management with strategic efforts, portfolio management, and value delivery
* Assist management in the recruiting process in order to build a high-functioning Data Science team
* Apply project/team leadership and problem solving skills to establish and promote best practices within the team
* Develop a high level understanding of cutting edge data science tools and techniques
* Bachelor degree in a quantitative discipline, such as statistics, data science, computer science, mathematics, engineering, physics, etc
* 5+ years of experience in a quantitative analyst and/or leadership role with 3+ years leading a team of quantitative analysts
* Demonstrated leadership competencies, including team-building, creative problem-solving, flexibility, and willingness to challenge the status quo
* Excellent communication, facilitation, and coaching skills in a business context and as it applies to team and project management
* Demonstrated experience in influencing business decisions and driving business value
* Working experience with analytical modeling tools such as R or Python, predictive modeling, machine learning, experimental design, and AB testing strongly preferred
* Completion of an analytical product critique may be required
* Advanced degree or certification in analytics-related field strongly
* Experience leading an Agile team
For more than 75 years, GEICO has stood out from the rest of the insurance industry! We are one of the nation's largest and fastest-growing auto insurers thanks to our low rates, outstanding service and clever marketing. We're an industry leader employing thousands of dedicated and hard-working associates. As a wholly owned subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway, we offer associates training and career advancement in a financially stable and rewarding workplace.
Our associates' quality of life is important to us. Full-time GEICO associates are offered a comprehensive Total Rewards Program*, including:
* 401(k) and profit-sharing plans
* Medical, dental, vision and life insurance
* Paid vacation, holidays and leave programs
* Tuition reimbursement
* Associate assistance program
* Flexible spending accounts
* Business casual dress
* Fitness and dining facilities (at most locations)
* Associate clubs and sports teams
* Volunteer opportunities
* GEICO Federal Credit Union
* Benefit offerings for positions other than full-time may vary.
GEICO is an equal opportunity employer. GEICO conducts drug screens and background checks on applicants who accept employment offers.
How to Apply
Click "Apply for Job" to complete your application. You will need an active email address and phone number. Please upload your resume, preferably as Word .doc files or PDF. Once you begin your application you can save it and access it later. Your application should include any work and/or internship experience from at least the past five years.