Job ID: RD-1032219 Description:
As the health care industry continues to rapidly transform, our IT team conceives, develops and delivers impactful technology solutions to support access to quality, affordable health care for our members. We are driven by our collective company purpose: To do everything in our power to stand with our members in sickness and in health®. Our IT team unleashes the power of this purpose through technology. We come to work every day to make a difference, and we deliver the highest quality and best solutions to our members.
As part of an enterprise focused organization, this position is responsible for collecting, understanding, modeling, documenting, and communicating the data requirements necessary to build and integrate data models for business processes, including performing data rationalization, defining data element standards, and collaborating with information stewards, data analysts, and stewardship facilitators. This position is also responsible for developing the linkages (traceability) to the enterprise data models for application specific operational and analytical data models.
* Bachelor Degree and 8 years professional technology experience.
* At least 5 years experience in the development of data models using the ERwin tool.
* This position will construct highly complicated conceptual, logical, and physical data models across database platforms, ie.; Traditional RDBMS, Canonical Models, Big Data (Hive, HBase), NoSQL, and file formats
* Associate the business data requirements referenced in the enterprise data models during development of application specific operational and analytical data models, including participating in quality reviews and peer reviews of data modeling team deliverables.
* Provide physical data models and direct support to application development teams during the transformation from logical data models to physical data models.
* Contribute to the development and documentation for information and data management standards and processes.
* Knowledge of system development lifecycle methodologies, such as waterfall and AGILE.
* An understanding of data architecture and modeling practices and concepts including entity-relationship diagrams, normalization, abstraction, denormalization, dimensional modeling, and meta data modeling practices.
* Experience generating physical data models and the associated DDL from logical data models.
* Experience developing data models for operational, transactional, and operational reporting, including the development of or interfacing with data analysis, data mapping, and data rationalization artifacts.
* Experience enforcing data modeling standards and procedures.
* Knowledge of web technologies, application programming languages, OLTP/OLAP technologies, data strategy disciplines, relational databases, data warehouse development and Big Data solutions.
* Clear and concise verbal and written communication to members of project team and project management resources, and within the department.
* Experience gathering and documenting data model requirements and the associated meta data from business and technical staff.
* Experience identifying and documenting business requirements and documenting data architecture issues.
PREFERRED JOB REQUIREMENTS:
* Bachelor Degree in Computer Science or Management Information Systems.
* Knowledge of business process development within health care, life, P&C insurance, health care, or finance.
* Knowledge of enterprise meta data management, process modeling, and data model development and usage.
* Comply with HIPAA, Diversity Principles, Corporate Integrity, Compliance Program policies and other applicable corporate and departmental policies.
HCSC is committed to diversity in the workplace and to providing equal opportunity and affirmative action to employees and applicants. We are an Equal Opportunity Employment / Affirmative Action employer dedicated to workforce diversity and a drug-free and smoke-free workplace. Drug screening and background investigation are required, as allowed by law. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Requirements: Expertise Information Technology Job Type Full-Time Regular Location TX - Richardson, IL - Chicago