As a Senior Data Engineer, here's what we'll be looking for you to bring:
* Hands-on Engineering Leadership
* Proven track record of Innovation and expertise in Data Engineering
* Tenure in coding, architecting and delivering complex projects
* Deep understanding and application of modern data processing technology stacks. For example Spark, Hadoop ecosystem technologies, and others
* Deep understanding of streaming data architectures and technologies for real-time and low-latency data processing
* Deep understanding of NoSQL technologies including column family, graph, document, and key-value data storage technologies
* Understanding of how to architect solutions for data science and analytics such as productionizing machine learning models and collaborating with data scientists
* Understanding of agile development methods including: core values, guiding principles, and key agile practices
* Understanding of the theory and application of Continuous Integration/Delivery
* Passion for software craftsmanship
* A rich breadth of industry experience and background working across different organizations, ranging in size, from start-ups to large corporations..
* Strong stakeholder management and interaction experience at different levels
There's no typical day or engagement for our Senior Data Engineers. Here's what you'll do:
* Be the SME. Develop modern data architectural approaches to meet key business objectives and provide end to end data solutions
* You might spend a few weeks with a new client on a deep technical review or a complete organizational review, helping them to understand the potential that data brings to solve their most pressing problems.
* On other projects, you might be acting as the architect, leading the design of technical solutions, or perhaps overseeing a program inception to build a new product.
* It could be much more about getting stuck into a delivery project where you're equally happy coding and tech leading the team to implement the solution.
* Whatever your role, the team always look to draw on your experience when things get tough and you often handle the difficult client conversations allowing the team to continue delivering without undue pressure.
* You have great relationships with our new business team and work collaboratively to support pre-sales, meet prospective clients and ultimately influence and shape our portfolio of work.
* You recognize that building your network with a client is absolutely key to enable you to perform in your role. You'll be drawing on all of your passion for technology, hands-on experience and knowledge of latest Big Data and Engineering best practices to help you gain the respect and credibility of those around you.
A few important things to know: Projects are almost exclusively on customer site, so candidates should be flexible and open to extensive travel.
Candidates must possess work authorization that does not require H-1B visa sponsorship by ThoughtWorks or dependent EAD.
Not quite ready to apply? Or maybe this isn't the right role for you? That's OK, you can stay in touch with AccessThoughtWorks, our learning community (click "contact me about recruitment opportunities" to hear about jobs in the future).
It is the policy of ThoughtWorks, Inc. to provide a work environment free of discrimination. The Company will take affirmative action to ensure applicants and ThoughtWorks employees are treated without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ethnic origin, veteran status, family status, disability, sexual orientation, gender expression or gender identity. This also includes individuals who are perceived to have any of the aforementioned attributes. ThoughtWorks will adhere to all federal, state, and municipal laws and regulations governing employment.
Agile Software Consultancy.