Lead Data Engineer
Do you like to solve complex business problems leveraging the latest technology?
Do you enjoy helping others?
The Analytics Engineering team is currently looking for an exceptional engineer to join our team in one of our locations: Hartford, CT; Wellesley, MA; New York, NY.
The lead role is an opportunity to join the analytics engineering team within the transformation organization working on projects that will shape the future of the organization. The immediate need will be to join our team supporting the Attain product. A mobile product made for our members to help them lead a happier& healthier life. Come join our team and help us improve millions of lives using technology!
The ideal candidate is a creative problem solver with a team first mentality who can flourish in a fast paced environment. Their experience will consist 7+ years of technical experience (Java or any of the major languages). They will have a demonstrated ability to communicate advanced technical concepts to broad audiences and an ability to mentor junior engineers.
* 7 or more years of progressively complex related experience
* Advanced hands on programming experience in Java, Python, SQL/Hive, Spark, NoSQL
* Advanced knowledge of data structures, algorithms, distributed processing
* Designs and builds new solutions leveraging cloud resources or on premise infrastructure
* Strong working knowledge (3+years) of AWS or similar distributed architecture (EC2,S3,SQS, etc)
* Experience with bash shell scripts, UNIX utilities and UNIX commands
* Ability to understand and build complex systems to solve challenging analytical problems
* Ability to leverage multiple tools and programming languages to efficiently analyze and manipulate large data sets.
* Proven ability to create innovative solutions to highly complex technical problems
* Strong collaboration and communication skills within and across teams
* Designs and develops complex and large scale data structures and pipelines to organize, collect, and standardize data
Graduate Degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering is a plus
ADDITIONAL JOB INFORMATION
Aetna is about more than just doing a job. This is our opportunity to re-shape healthcare for America and across the globe. We are developing solutions to improve the quality and affordability of healthcare. What we do will benefit generations to come.
We care about each other, our customers and our communities. We are inspired to make a difference, and we are committed to integrity and excellence.
Together we will empower people to live healthier lives.
Aetna is an equal opportunity & affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of personal characteristics or status. We take affirmative action to recruit, select and develop women, people of color, veterans and individuals with disabilities.
We are a company built on excellence. We have a culture that values growth, achievement and diversity and a workplace where your voice can be heard.
Benefit eligibility may vary by position. Click here to review the benefits associated with this position.
Aetna takes our candidates's data privacy seriously. At no time will any Aetna recruiter or employee request any financial or personal information (Social Security Number, Credit card information for direct deposit, etc.) from you via e-mail. Any requests for information will be discussed prior and will be conducted through a secure website provided by the recruiter. Should you be asked for such information, please notify us immediately.