Job Description Req/Job ID: 979679BR
Employing Entity: Transform SR Holding Management LLC
Employment Category: Regular, Full-time
Job Function: Analytics
Store ID: 58491: Sears Holdings Management Corp
This role will be required to provide thought leadership in leading overall platform strategy/roadmap and technical competency with big data technology and is willing to roll his/her own sleeves to solve critical technical problems. Must have in depth knowledge of the emerging Big Data market and hands-on full stack experience with Hadoop, GCP and AWS technologies e.g infrastructure, security, data encryption, storage, metadata, various processing components, AWS infra/operation, production operation and success, BI infrastructure, self-service framework/portal, api, capacity planning etc. At this technical leadership role, he or she will prioritize platform initiatives by working with data engineering, technical PM, and business for overall business success. The successful candidate should have demonstrated experience in working with teams cross functionally and the ability to collaborate with Data Scientists and Business Analysts to define solution requirements and develop processes for provisioning data for wide ranging analytics.
Job Requirements JOB DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Provide overall leadership for driving the enterprise toward an overarching data architecture vision and designing the movement of data through the enterprise.
* Define and implement data architecture standards and guidelines on when and how to use the architected databases, the technologies to be used for various purposes, and models of selected entities, objects and processes. The guidelines should encourage reuse of existing data stores, as well as address issues of security, timeliness and quality.
* Redefine and become a Master Data advocate, and customer centric champion across the enterprise
* Translate complex functional and technical requirements into architecture/platform design.
* Design for now and future success; Following a data driven approach in defining and measuring platform/operation success
* Big data overall architecture including high availability, disaster recovery, multi-tenancy management, replication etc
* Design and implement big data development framework with standardized module to increase ETL development efficiency and quality
* Design and implement best practices for security and data privacy that adhere to Samsung business requirement and policy
* Fine tune overall system performance and continuously identify performance bottleneck/improvement opportunity
* Provide guidance and support to big data ETL engineer on performance and facilitate ETL performance tuning • Performs other duties as assigned
* Performs supervisory functions, including but not limited to, making employment decisions regarding hiring, promoting, demoting and terminating, conducting performance appraisals and coaching and developing associates
* 5 - 10+ years experience in designing and implementing high available and high scalable big data systems such as Hadoop, GCP and AWS 5+ years of Python or Java/J2EE development experience with demonstrated technical proficiency
* 7+ years experience in leading data platform and operation team with demonstrated success
* Full lifecycle project development involving structured and unstructured databases and related technologies
* 7+ years experience being a People Manager
* Industry expertise of database structures, theories, principles, and practices.
* Extensive experience working with AWS and GCP full stack components
* Analytical and problem solving skills, applied to Big Data domain
* Proven understanding and hands on experience with SQL, noSQL, Hive, Pig, Matlab, SAS, Python, Java, Ruby, C++, Perl, Spark, Impala and other big data technologies
* B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science or Engineering
* System integration experience, including interface design, and familiarity with web-oriented architecture techniques.
* Relevant and recent experience architecting and delivering projects from start to finish in: --Large scale data and analytics projects --Master Data Management program --Digital projects --Change management --Proven ability to translate complex technical concepts to business language
* Sense of business urgency and sound judgement to close critical gaps and able to anticipate problems and issues, and effectively prevent/resolve.
* Team player able to produce high quality work and meet deadlines in a fast paced environment
#Corporate, #Technology, #SYW