Job Title: Scientist, Systems Engineer
Job ID: SIS20190802-30019
Job Location: Herndon, VA
Harris Corporation Space and Intelligence Systems has an opening for a Chief Systems Engineer to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Herndon, VA. The individual will work in a fast-paced environment with high expectations, significantly diverse assignments, and a collaborative team setting.
* Responsible for leading pursuit activities from an engineering perspective by leading technical development, responding to market surveys, and creating proposals for delivery to the end-customer
* Develops the overall architecture of large-scale systems meeting the customers' requirements
* Leads internal development activities to evolve our solution
* Responsible for leading systems development efforts, providing technical and project leadership to diverse technical teams
* System analysis to support performance evaluation, functional design decisions, and detailed trade studies
* Provide technical leadership and oversight of teammates and subcontractors for design reviews and monitoring of testing and certification
* Produce plans/schedules in line with the master schedule and in conjunction with the Project Engineer
* 12+ years of Systems Engineer experience with a Bachelor's degree in Computer Engineering, Systems Engineering or equivalent
* Active TS/SCI clearance with a CI Poly
Preferred Additional Skills:
* Experience with Amazon Web Services or an equivalent Cloud-based architecture, as well as content delivery systems (e.g. Akamai), and related high availability solutions
* Comprehensive understanding of Open Geospatial Consortium (OGC) services, including some of the following; Catalog Services for Web (CSW), -Web Mapping Services (WMS), Web Feature Services (WFS), Web Coverage Services (WCS), and Web Processing Services (WPS)
* Comprehensive understanding of systems development lifecycle and enterprise systems architecture
* Experience leading a Systems Team which conducts the end-to-end Solution testing and participates in the System Demo at the end of each iteration
* Experience or working knowledge in performing analysis of a similar system and use the results to take early actions and recognize when interface impacts may occur
* NGA, IC or DoD IT experience strongly preferred
* Experience working with Government customer strongly desired
* Good oral and written communications skills with experience in delivering/presenting to customer
* Willing to travel to customer's location in Springfield VA as needed
Please be aware this position requires an active Top Secret clearance with CI Poly. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that Harris Corporation may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
Harris is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local law.
Candidates will support Environment, Health and Safety by fulfilling the Harris EHS Policy, complying with Harris EHS programs and applicable regulations, and striving for continual EHS improvement.
L3Harris EEO statement:
L3 Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.
Apply SAVE FOR LATER