Foundation Medicine is a molecular information company focused on fundamentally changing the way in which patients with cancer are treated. Our products provide more than information. They offer hope to patients, their families and friends, their physicians and caregivers.
We've seen the difference that our technology can make in the lives of patients, but there is still enormous potential to help even more people. In our drive to help transform the way in which patients with cancer are treated, we strive to improve every life we touch through our dedication to innovation, our commitment to people, and our passion for performance.
The Lead Cloud Operations Engineer will be responsible for our AWS environment as well as all aspects of our deployment methods including design, provisioning, monitoring, automation, and maintenance of our platform. Activities will include working across the technology teams to maintain best practices, integrating post-deployment automated testing, the instantiation of automation scripts, maintenance and operations tasks related to the support of AWS, and working with product teams to promote DevOps principles. We are looking for a highly motivated individual who will thrive working within a fast-paced, team-oriented atmosphere.
* Lead research efforts for new technology and how to effectively integrate into our existing enterprise platform.
* Assist development teams with application and infrastructure from initial design to production deployment.
* Create, review, modify, and update AWS CloudFormation and Jenkinsfile scripts.
* Work with Development, QE, and Operations teams to streamline continuous integration and continuous deployments of our internal applications.
* Architect and implement solutions to streamline business processes to achieve company goals more effectively and efficiently.
* Deliver solutions in an Agile methodology.
* Creating and delivering presentations and documentation to the Technology team.
* Possess experience in managing or designing cloud deployment software.
* Strong stakeholder management skills.
* Experience with Docker and container services.
* Scripting in Powershell as well as experience with windows automation.
* Strong experience with monitoring tools such as DataDog, New Relic APM and Infrastructure, PagerDuty, ELK, etc.
* Experience with Jenkins, CloudFormation, Puppet, Chef, Ancible, TerraForm, or other similar products.
* Solid understanding of Python, JSON, XML, and related notational data representations.
* Experience with CI/CD processes and toolsets.
* Comfortable with working in both Linux (RHEL and CentOS) and Windows environments.
Desired Skills and Experience:
* Knowledgeable of cloud architecture, networking, system administration, and security best practices.
* Hands on experience with infrastructure tools such as AWS, VMware, Docker, and Swarm.
* Extensive knowledge about APIs, RESTful services and how they can be used to integrate with AWS.
* Experience designing and scripting "self-healing" cloud architecture.
* Familiarity with the Atlassian toolset including Jira and Confluence.
Education or Experience:
* B.S. in Computer Science, MIS, or equivalent work experience.
* Minimum of 5 years' experience in related field.
* Experience working in an on-call rotation.
* Military experience a plus.
Foundation Medicine is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, ancestry, age, or national origin. Further, qualified applicants will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or protected veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also FMI's EEO Statement and EEO is the Law and Supplement. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form. (EOE/AAP Employer)
To all recruitment agencies: Foundation Medicine does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Foundation Medicine employees or any other organization location. Foundation Medicine is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.