Lead Cloud Engineer Job ID: 2019-21646
Altice USA (NYSE: ATUS) is one of the largest broadband communications and video services providers in the United States, delivering broadband, pay television, telephony services, proprietary content and advertising services to approximately 4.9 million Residential and Business customers across 21 states through its Optimum and Suddenlink brands.
From high-speed broadband and ultra-HD video, to digital advertising solutions, local news and voice offerings, we are making connections possible around the country -- to businesses, to consumers, to communities, to schools, to hospitals, and everyone in between.
We are looking for a Lead Cloud Engineer with extensive knowledge and experience with Linux, OpenStack, Ansible, Kubernetes, Containers, and related OpenSource products. This person will play a key role in the implementation of processes, procedures, policies and standards for all hybrid cloud initiatives. The candidate should possess expert knowledge of Open Source virtualization products, Linux and orchestration/ configuration management/ automation frameworks. You will be responsible for assessing server hardware and software requirements related to various application vendor requirements and driving automation for highly repeatable tasks as well as troubleshooting complex infrastructure issues related to performance and functionality. Candidate will lead others in the group with less expertise to facilitate change and provide forward looking technologies that help deliver best of breed services to our customers. Creating best practice documentation around all of our server related products that will help us standardize and deliver quality services every time. Interaction with management providing recommendations for new technologies, improved service availability and management. Provide advanced support and implement break-fix solutions to technical issues within the EIT Infrastructure environments.
* College Degree and/or equivalent requested work experience.
* Industry Certification complete in several disciplines a plus
* Minimum 9+ years in an infrastructure systems environment, preferably in large diverse server environments with high availability requirements.
* Expert support, maintenance, and troubleshooting knowledge of Linux and UNIX operating systems.
* Understanding of various virtualization technologies - vSphere, KVM and Xen; cloud management technologies and tools as well as various cloud delivery models; AWS, OpenStack, Ovirt, CloudForms(ManageIQ)
* Familiarity with Kubernetes, Docker, and Containerization is strongly desired
* Experience with AWS services and administering admin console is a plus
* Expert knowledge of various open source automation tools; Ansible, Chef, Puppet, SaltStack.
* Scripting ability a must; preferably Python and Ruby
* Ability to write Ansible Playbooks highly desired
* Experience in design of redundant and high-availability solutions and frameworks
* Experience in design, tuning, and optimization of Kubernetes and Container solutions
* Experience with OpenSource storage options such as Ceph is a plus
* Experience with EMC storage a plus
* Hands-on experience supporting server infrastructure in a large enterprise environment
* Ability to work in Agile (Scrum) environment desired.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and maintain a drug-free and smoke- free workplace.
About Altice USA
Altice USA is a national telecommunication, media and entertainment company.