Prologis is the leading owner, operator and developer of industrial logistics real estate across the Americas, Europe and Asia. We create value by developing and managing a world-class portfolio of high-quality logistics and distribution facilities, serving customers and investors as an integral part of the global supply chain.
Lead Cloud Engineer
Prologis is looking for talented full stack software engineers with experience and interest in building high impact customer facing applications that run on AWS. The ideal engineer will have a passion for developing massively scalable, distributed software systems that require high availability to support mission-critical business functions. Since quality is at the forefront of everything our team does, we are looking for true passion for writing robust, re-usable, scalable and well-tested code. Our mission is to build and deliver highly engaging customer experiences that promote strong customer engagement, maximize custom satisfaction, and drive the Prologis ancillary revenue line of business.
As a key member of our team, the AWS Cloud Engineer will work with development teams and other DevOps engineers to solve critical issues while improving customer experience. Other responsibilities include:
* Build and support scalable microservices and system orchestration.
* Design, development, and testing of features delivered as applications and/or services.
* Investigate and contribute to solving issues in production environments.
* Provide collaborative conduit between various technical and non-technical teams.
* Build effective monitoring, alerts, and metrics for production services.
* Build effective DevOps services, processes, and tooling.
* Supporting applications and/or services as and when required on a 24x7 basis.
* Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or Mathematics
* Minimum of 7 years of software engineering experience
* Minimum of 4 years of AWS technology delivery experience
* AWS Certified Developer highly desired
* AWS Certified SysOps Administrator highly desired
* 'Make-it-happen' attitude, the innate capacity for ownership and timely delivery of results in a fast-paced environment
* Strong knowledge of microservice and SoA architectures.
* Experience with AWS cloud platform technologies such as API Gateway, Lambda, RDS, DynamoDB, SQS, SES, S3, Cognito, Cloud Front, Cloud Watch, etc…
* Experience with AWS client technologies such as AppSync (GraphQL) and Amplify
* Experience with AWS DevOps tooling such as CodeStar and Service Application Model (SAM)
* Experience with infrastructure as code tools and methods such as Chef, Puppet, Salt, Cloud Formation, or Ansible
* Experience with Identity Access Management (IAM) and Identity Provider (IdP) technologies and solutions (e.g. oAuth, OpenID, JWT, SAML).
* Experience with HTTP APIs and RESTful web services
* Understanding of web browser APIs and behavior
* Excellent technical communication skills
* Competent in designing and building web applications and/or web services in a commercial setting
* Competent in design/implementation for reliability, availability, scalability and performance
* Competent in software engineering tools (e.g. build tools) and best practices (e.g. test automation and continuous integration)
* Experience with automated testing, test-driven development and/or behavior-driven development
* Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
* Meticulous attention to detail
* Ability to multi-task while ensuring high quality of results
* Dedication to high standards of code quality and testing
* Passion for building a rich and innovative user experience
* Demonstrable track record as an owner: someone who can take a concept and make it real
* Experience working in Agile development team
* Experience with source control systems especially GIT
* Application Performance Monitoring (APM) experience (e.g. Dynatrace, App Dynamics, New Relic)
* Ability to monitor and troubleshoot a very large complex system of services
* Cognizant of modern database/storage technologies
* Experience with automated testing tools (e.g. Selenium, JMeter).
* Knowledge of IP networking, VPN's, DNS, load balancing and firewalling
* Extra credit: Provide your GitHub account or code samples with your resume!
Nice to Have Experience
* Experience and talent for UI/UX design
* Experience with building PWA and native customer facing applications
* Experience with build CI/CD systems like Jenkins, Travis or TFS
* Experience with Docker/Kubernetes and container orchestration
* Experience with Unix/Linux environments
* Proficiency in at least one front-end web development framework such as React, Angular, Rails, Django, Vue.js.
Prologis offers a competitive salary, a comprehensive selection of benefit options, including 401(k) with company match. All job offers are contingent upon successful completion of drug screen and background verification. Prologis is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religions, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
San Francisco, California
Prologis is a real estate investment trust (REIT).