What you'll be doing...
Working for a large manufacturing customer as a regional service manager which include the following responsibilities:
* Coordinate fault isolation and trouble resolution efforts with Verizon's internal groups and all in-scope service suppliers.
* Assist in providing workaround solution to restore normal services for incidents.
* Investigate the underlying cause of the incident, aiming to prevent similar incident in the future.
* Assume end-to-end ownership of critically assigned incidents through to resolution.
* Coordinates with technical experts for fault resolution efforts between necessary parties (e.g., Technicians, Third Party Vendors, and External Telecom Service Providers).
* Facilitation of conference bridges as needed to resolve an incident.
* In conjunction with the NOC, facilitate the resolution of issues for CUSTOMER's network service problems.
* Provide trouble ticket status reports to CUSTOMER and update applicable service inquiry logs to reflect the nature and circumstances of the reported problem.
* Notify CUSTOMER of critical Backbone or Datacenter network failures that are detected under proactive monitoring by Supplier's network management center.
* "The Regional Service Operations Manager will monitor SLA agreements for compliance with the Agreement and SOW. In addition, the Regional Service Operations Manager will deliver on a monthly basis, SLA compliance reports for Managed WAN and LAN. Reporting shall be in electronic format and posted to a shared document repository.
* Identify to client point of contact planned maintenance activities and serious service disruptions.
* Monitor on-going service management for compliance with SLAs and performance commitments.
* Analyses circuit statistics and formulate action plan for chronic circuit issues.
* Prepare documents and lead the monthly network performance meeting with CUSTOMER as defined in the Verizon Service Manual.
* Present a formal monthly service review for customer, examining aspects of the service in the previous month, highlighting successes and failures, and recommending measures for improvement.
* Participate in the weekly CUSTOMER global Change Advisory Board ("CAB") meeting as required.
What we're looking for...
You'll need to have:
* Bachelor's degree or 3 or more years of work experience.
* Three or more years of relevant work experience.
* Willingness to travel.
Even better if you have:
* Master's degree.
* Experience managing large complex systems from an operational management perspective.
* Experience building and maintaining client relationships.
* Experience managing projects using industry standard tools and methodologies.
* Experienced in manufacturing support.
* Experience in technology management and/or IT consulting.
* Troubleshooting skills and experience.
* Network operations experience.
When you join Verizon...
You'll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America's fastest and most reliable network, we're leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we're about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Verizon Communications is a broadband and telecommunications company operating 4G LTE network, 3G network, and information services.