Ross Stores, Inc.
The Lead Business Analyst is an experienced IT Functional Systems analyst, and internal consultant working to deliver and improve Business facing productivity and collaboration capabilities. The Lead Business Analyst works directly with our business stakeholders from all lines of business and related 3rd parties to help shape end user productivity & collaboration capabilities. The End User Productivity Business Analyst must have strong requirements analysis, wire framing and business process and collaboration systems experience. They will elicit, analyze, specify, and validate the business needs of project stakeholders, be they customers or end users and to ensure that project deliverables are met according to specifications.
* Performing business analysis activities at the strategic, operational, and organizational level; working with key users in the continual improvement of business productivity & efficiency
* Conduct end user interviews and where applicable, develop prototypes of interfaces and attributes based on the user requirements.
* Collaborating with Business Stakeholders and technical resources to ensure understanding and proper implementation of requirements.
* Coordinate with project teams to develop and implement usability designs and testing objectives related to project objectives.
* Design or match technology solutions to enable business collaboration requirements and processes.
* Maintain a high level of expertise with the organization's current productivity and collaboration platform(s).
* Keep abreast of the changing environment of workplace and collaboration technologies.
* Maintain a catalog of common productivity and collaboration patterns to be reused in new collaboration solution designs.
* Create process models, specifications, diagrams, and charts to provide direction to developers and/or the project team, using new and existing collaboration patterns
* Managing projects and leading efforts in the support of existing systems, processes, services and/or in the execution of new projects ensuring that:
* Use Cases and Requirements are defined accurately
* Detailed Functional Designs are created and handed off to Development Team
* Test plans and training plans are designed and executed successfully
* All required system and user documentation is created accurately
* Anticipated business outcomes are achieved
* Supporting existing production systems
* Defining and prioritizing system problems and enhancement equests; analyzing to identify and address root causes
* Ensuring the related fixes and/or enhancements are tested successfully (by IT and by key users)
* Ensuring users receive appropriate training and existing documentation is updated accurately
* Evaluate client business challenges and work with the team to arrive at the best-fit technology solution
* Work with teams to capture best practices and develop case studies and other core deliverables to build solution offerings
* Time Management
* Customer Focus
* Motivating others
* Dealing with Ambiguity
QUALIFICATIONS AND SPECIAL SKILLS REQUIRED:
* Minimum of 8 years of experience as a Business Analyst at least 3 years working with Workflow, Collaboration & Portal technologies.
* BS degree.
* Experience running use case and user design workshops.
* Excellent presentation skills to present to senior stakeholders.
* Experience with corporate intranets and/or Office 365/SharePoint online.
* Effective communication of design ideas across all levels and roles.
* Good stakeholder management skills - Comfortable speaking and discussing requirements and scope with users and senior business stakeholders alike.
* A firm grasp of social collaboration technologies and concepts.
* Strong analytical, problem solving, and business process design skills.
* Good listening skills. Understand how to interpret user requirements for what is said and what is meant and relate that back to stakeholders in meaningful requirements and designs.
* Experience collaborating across multiple functional/technical teams to deliver a project.
* Proven ability to learn new technologies quickly and apply the gained knowledge to address business problems.
* Retail industry experience.
* Some exposure to user experience design and information architecture.
* Experience with enterprise content management and workflow solutions.
* Experience with designing service automation and self-service solutions.
Job requires ability to work in an office environment, primarily on a computer.
Requires sitting, standing, walking, hearing, talking on the telephone, attending in-person meetings, typing, and working with paper/files, etc.
Consistent timeliness and regular attendance.
Vision requirements: Ability to see information in print and/or electronically.
Occasional travel will be required.
This job description is a summary of the primary duties and responsibilities of the job and position. It is not intended to be a comprehensive or all-inclusive listing of duties and responsibilities. Contents are subject to change at management's discretion.
Ross is an equal employment opportunity employer. We consider individuals for employment or promotion according to their skills, abilities and experience. We believe that it is an essential part of the Company's overall commitment to attract, hire and develop a strong, talented and diverse workforce. Ross is committed to complying with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination based on race, color, religious creed, age, national origin, ancestry, physical, mental or developmental disability, sex (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth or breastfeeding), veteran status, military status, marital or registered domestic partnership status, medical condition (including cancer or genetic characteristics), genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, as well as any other category protected by federal, state or local laws.
About Ross Stores, Inc.
Ross Stores is a chain of off-price retail apparel and home fashion stores.
Ross Stores, Inc.