Our Health and Benefits business helps large and mid-size clients control health and welfare plan costs, improve health outcomes and promote employee engagement through broad-based, state-of-the-art interventions. We provide solutions encompassing creative plan design, vendor evaluation and management, pricing and funding strategies, data analytics, valuation support, legal compliance and governance strategies. We also provide Specialty consulting services including clinical/health management program design, pharmacy solutions, disability/absence management strategies and claims audit services. Product based solutions such as our pharmacy purchasing coalition round out our broad-based suite of offerings.
The Lead Azure Data Architect will be required to analyze an array of product offerings and business requirements within the organization. You will work with the product development teams (e.g. engineering, product managers and analysts) to evaluate and identify solutions that meet the needs of the business, utilizing industry standard best practices and creative design techniques to overcome complex business and technical challenges (e.g. maximum performance with complex data sets). Some additional responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* Analyze existing data design and suggest improvements that promote performance, stability and interoperability. * Work with development teams in migrating on-premise database to various Azure data stores * Determine how the enterprise's data will be stored and utilized to best provide actionable data to the end user. * Work with product management and business subject matter experts to translate business requirements into good database design. * Work with internal and external resources to develop robust Extract/Transform/Load (ETL) processes for disparate data sources * Monitor performance and security * Ensure backups occur in a timely manner * Work to ensure the quality of the data. * Provide database architecture leadership and mentor projects consisting of TW employees and outside contractors * Maintain the governance model on the database architecture through training, design reviews, code reviews, and progress reviews. * Participate in the development of Database Architecture and Roadmaps in support of business strategies * Establish and maintain database architecture standards and best practices * Participate in the evaluation of emerging technology and tools * Provide technical expertise, estimates, and recommendations to the Application Development Leader and/or Project Management. * Communicate risks and issues to the Application Development Lead and/or Project Manager
* Bachelor's degree in math, computer science, engineering, finance, statistics, or relevant field
* 7+ years of experience working on solutions that collect, process, store and analyze large volumes of business-critical data.
* 4+ years of BI development experience using MS technology stack
* 2+ years of experience with implementation and support of cloud services including but not limited to: * Azure Data Factory
* Azure Data Lake Store
* Azure Data Lake Analytics
* Azure Storage
* Azure Cosmos DB
* Azure SQL, Azure DW and Azure Analytics Services
* 3+ years of experience developing both multidimensional and tabular models with large and complex datasets
* Strong proficiency in relational database management systems (MS SQL Server) and NoSQL databases
* Strong proficiency in Excel, Power BI, SSIS, PowerShell scripting
* Experience with cloud and hybrid-cloud implementations including IaaS, PaaS and SaaS
* Experience with Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery /Azure DevOps/VSTS/Git Branching
* Azure Cloud Platform Certifications are a plus
* Understanding of Agile software development and Scrum methodologies
* Machine Learning and statistical modeling preferred
* Knowledge of operating systems and server platforms in the MS technology stack
* Comprehensive knowledge of the Visual Studio development/SQL Management Studio environments
* Test Automation
* Containerization and orchestration tools such as Docker or Kubernetes
* Working with global teams and offshore resources
Willis Towers Watson is a leading global advisory, broking and solutions company that helps clients around the world turn risk into a path for growth. With roots dating to 1828, Willis Towers Watson has 45,000 employees serving more than 140 countries and markets. We design and deliver solutions that manage risk, optimize benefits, cultivate talent, and expand the power of capital to protect and strengthen institutions and individuals. Our unique perspective allows us to see the critical intersections between talent, assets and ideas - the dynamic formula that drives business performance. Together, we unlock potential. Learn more at willistowerswatson.com.
Willis Towers Watson is an equal opportunity employer
Willis Towers Watson is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status as a protected veteran, or disability.
Equal Employment Opportunity: Know your rights.
Unsolicited Contact: Any unsolicited resumes/candidate profiles submitted through our web site or to personal e-mail accounts of employees of Willis Towers Watson are considered property of Willis Towers Watson and are not subject to payment of agency fees. In order to be an authorized Recruitment Agency/Search Firm for Willis Towers Watson, any such agency must have an existing formal written agreement signed by an authorized Willis Towers Watson recruiter and an active working relationship with the organization. Resumes must be submitted according to our candidate submission process, which includes being actively engaged on the particular search. Likewise, for our authorized Recruitment Agencies/Search Firms, if the candidate submission process is not followed, no agency fees will be paid by Willis Towers Watson. Willis Towers Watson is an equal opportunity employer.
Let your dream job find you.
Sign up to start matching with top companies. It’s fast and free.