Digital technology has forever changed business. Now, it's transforming tax. Soon, tax enforcement will be part of every business process - and every transaction. As governments go digital, financial systems and traditional tax software can't keep up. And, businesses now face escalating risk and mounting compliance costs. Sovos was built for the digital future of tax. The Sovos Intelligent Compliance Cloud Is the first complete solution for modern tax, combining tax determination, e-Invoicing compliance and tax reporting on Sovos' reliable, scalable and secure S1 Platform.
We are building the future of Global Compliance Software. We want you to build your future with us.
The Work You'll Do
The Quality Engineers have a passion for repeatable, structured approaches to automated testing and a desire to collaborate with development and architecture team members in the creation of automation solutions. This role challenges its owner to work quickly and effectively as a team leader, sharing technical knowledge and leading the team to build and deploy high quality software. If you are looking to be more than a hands-on engineer, this role will empower you use your automation skills to establish global best practices in our QA environment. While automation is a major facet of our development practice - you will be the one to streamline and communicate across our product portfolio.
More specifically, you will:
* Drive automation testing efforts including but not limited to creating and executing test plans, test case development and test status
* Design, build and maintain automation testing tools, infrastructure and pipelines for efficient and reliable testing and deployments
* Implement and own continuous testing of our development process and provide a unified view of platform health
* Define and drive adoption of best practices in code health, testing, and maintainability
* Participate in troubleshooting, investigating, debugging and help define the best practice for healthier product environments
* Collaborate and build trusted relationships with various teams such as development, product management and cloud operations
* Get things done
Taking this leadership role on the team will give you the chance to significantly impact the direction of our software products, while also impacting the careers of our junior team.
What We Need From You:
* Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience
* 3+ years of extensive hands-on quality engineering and automation experience
* Proficiency in at least one programming/scripting language (i.e. Ruby, Python)
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field
* Demonstrated experience in automation testing in Cloud environments such as AWS
* Demonstrated experience with Robot, Ready API, Mocha Experience with CI/CD system (TeamCity or Jenkins)
* Strong experience in Agile methodologies
* Familiarity with distributed version control systems such as Git
What Does Sovos Offer You?
The tools to grow your career both personally and professionally:
Did you know that almost 30% of our employees experienced a promotion or job change In FY2018? That can happen because growth Is serious business here at Sovos, and we have the programs In place to make sure of it, including:
* Mentoring Programs
* Management Bootcamps and Development Trainings
* Yearly performance reviews where compensation and performance are assessed and rewarded generously
* Clear paths for growth within our roles (but we know that career development can be like a spider web, not a ladder - we give you the tools to move outside of your career as well!)
The tools to enhance your life - because we want you to enjoy your life outside of work
* MyTime flexible time off (no worrying about accruing time or running out of sick days - If you need time off, take It!)
* Paid family leave
* Tuition reimbursement
* Generous 401k match
* Progressive Wellness Program
* Company seeded and matched Health Savings Account (HSA)
The challenge of working in an emerging market and solving complex problems for our clients is a large one. Businesses are struggling to keep up with the pace, volume, and complexity of regulatory requirements. In fact, 45% of CFOs say compliance is their "biggest growth challenge." That is why over half of the Fortune 500 counts on Sovos to solve their complex business-to-government compliance challenges. Our employees work on meaningful and engaging projects that make a tangible impact on our clients' success.
Does this sound like a fit? Apply now!
Sovos is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Sovos enables businesses to rapidly respond to increasingly complex tax and reporting requirements across the globe – eliminating their number one barrier to growth.