Drug discovery and early development research at Biogen is a foundational capability that supports the company's mission to develop new medicines in Neuroscience related to worldwide neurological disorders. The scientists working in these areas have diverse needs for technology that include laboratory information management, workflow automation, data processing, and analytics. They use a variety of software tools and systems to support their work, from specialized desktop software to hosted enterprise systems.
As a technical group supporting Research IT we are seeking a talented individual to innovatively address and solve process, technology, data, information and analysis challenges. The successful candidate will be a member of the Research IT group and will work in close partnership with peers and teams across the Company. Members of the Research IT group are expected to deal with a changing and diverse research arena and should display a willingness to learn new technologies and systems supporting research agility.
The key responsibilities of this Business Analyst position include:
* Eliciting, refining and documenting requirements from end users via interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, business process descriptions, use cases, scenarios, business analysis, task and workflow analysis.
* Analyzing and evaluating information gathered from multiple sources, reconciling conflicts, translating high-level information into details, as well as being able to redefine low level details into higher level general overarching documentation, and distinguishing user requests from the underlying true business needs.
* Translating business needs into application and operational requirements.
* Delivering the following artifacts as needed: Business Requirements, Functional requirements, Use Cases, Test Cases, Validation protocols and drive document review processes
* Working with end users to define concepts with the guidance of project owners
* Successfully engaging in multiple initiatives simultaneously
* Manage regular meetings with stakeholders and end users
* Significant experience in a life science organization is required, with a solid understanding of scientific processes and methods. Education and/or experience in Medicinal Sciences, Chemistry, Biochemistry, or Computational Sciences is strongly preferred.
* Demonstrable knowledge of pharmaceutical research technologies, tools and methodologies. Working knowledge of R&D scientific applications used to support chemistry, biology and related biopharmaceutical disciplines.
* Working knowledge and technical competency in scientific tools and technologies.
Linux Administration Shell scripting (e.g HTML)
Proficiency in multiple scripting languages (e.g. C++, Perl (CGI)
Sufficient knowledge of IIS, Apache, Web Services, understanding of Active Directory, File/Share Security, and Networks to effectively troubleshoot applications.
* Knowledge of System Development Life Cycle.
* Excellent interpersonal skills, presentation, and teamwork skills, with the ability to interact with business users, technical team, project managers, senior management, outsourced service providers, and vendors.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Ability to communicate complex technology matters to audiences with varying degrees of technical background. Proficiency in articulating how technology can be used to enable life science research capabilities.
* Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to independently troubleshoot as well as develop alternative solutions to problems.
* Ability to operate effectively in a matrix environment; team player and collaborator; must possess strong time management skills, attention to detail and organization skills
* Track record of initiative and outstanding performance, along with being a self-starter and ability to perform complex tasks and resolve issues with a minimum of supervision
* Passion for learning
Only personnel with a minimum of 5 years' professional experience as a business or system analyst with applicable experience and education in bio-pharmaceuticals, pharmaceutical research, and /or the medical device industry as well as scientific background will be considered for this role.
Minimum BA or BS in life sciences/computer sciences required.
Biogen is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and delivers innovative therapies for people living with serious neurological and neurodegenerative diseases.