Lead Application Owner -API Platform
Primary Site Location: Chicago, IL
Find Your Forward at Fiserv, a Fortune™ 500 company, and join the industry leader in financial services technology. You'll find a reciprocal environment that values collaboration and flexibility. Our rare combination of expertise and creative spirit helps us deliver the most comprehensive financial solutions to banks and businesses worldwide.
What does an exceptional Lead Application Owner do?
Fiserv is looking for an experienced Application Owner and technical lead to enhance our API product offering. You will lead and have hands on experience in creating best in class developer portal with best developer experience for API consumption. This role is highly collaborative and will be responsible for fast paced delivery of enterprise initiatives. You will contribute vision and technical guidance to help steer the strategic direction of Fiserv Card Services Developer Portal.
* This position is a leadership position within the Application Delivery division of Card Services and will work directly with other team members such as Software Development Engineers, Software Quality Engineers, Business Analysts, Business Systems Analysts, and representatives in other areas, such as Product Management and Technical Operations.
* As an Application owner you will be fully responsible for the design, quality, operations, performance, and future planning of Card Services Developer Portal application.
* You will interface between business and technology within Fiserv's Card Services Business Unit.
* Collaborate with Product Owner, Solution Architects and infrastructure leads to build a technical roadmap for Developer Portal, building out capabilities and business value while maintaining up-to-date versions of technical components.
* May develop (but not a developer), may test (but not a test engineer), and document (but not a technical writer).
* You will be part of API Platform COE team constantly contributing to API Management, Security, Analytics and Continuous Integration & Delivery enhancements.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
* Own and lead Fiserv card services developer portal web application,
* Work closely with product manager in delivering best in class developer portal,
* Contributing to the creation of epics, features, and stories of developer portal,
* Adhering to agile methodology, overseeing all development efforts to include application design, continuous integration, continuous delivery and test automation,
* Foster strong creativity, innovation and presentation skills within the team,
* Act in a technical leadership capacity by mentoring and guiding less experienced developers and new team members,
* Monitoring and managing the State of Health of developer portal which includes (and not limited to) application performance, redundancy, system utilization, and capacity (future) planning,
* Lead design Pattern development to support Test-Driven Development (TDD) and/or Behavior Driven Development (BDD).
* The above list does not include all responsibilities.
* Bachelor's degree in CIS, MIS, EE, or other related degrees. Willing to consider High School Diploma with prior Enterprise Software Architecture in lieu of college degree.
* 10+ years of software development experience
* Experience with automation for testing, continuous integration, code coverage, and build processes
* 5+ years of experience in leading enterprise applications and teams
* 5+ years of experience in designing, coding, and testing applications using Java, Unix/Linux, Perl and C
* 3+ years' experience in API management, building APIs on API platforms like Apigee, API Connect, CA, WSO2 or MuleSoft.
* 3+ years' experience in API development using REST/JSON, SOAP/XML, Web services
* 3+ years' experience in content management systems
* Strong workflow knowledge of APIs and SDKs
* Experience in gateway and integration technologies (file, API, SOAP and RESTful JSON Web Services, JWT, Web Service Security).
* 2+ years working with Relational Databases such as Oracle, DB2, etc.
* Agile-based Team Development and Continuous Deployment Methodology.
* Technical knowledge of financial card services applications
* Experience with DevOps (Jenkins, Maven)
* Strong agile/scrum development experience
* Strong collaboration and communication skills within distributed project teams
* Work effectively under pressure, independently, and within a collaborative team-oriented environment using sound judgment in decision-making.
* Experience working with remote and offshore development teams
Travel required: Occasional business-related travel, likely not more than 10% on average, may be necessary. Frequent or extended travel may be required during initial training period, depending on candidate's previous experience and familiarity with Fiserv Card Services' teams, products, and applications.
Learn more about us.
In a world moving faster than ever before, Fiserv helps clients deliver solutions in step with the way people live and work today - financial services at the speed of life. With 24,000 associates, we help more than 12,000 clients worldwide create and deliver solutions to enable today's consumer to move and manage money with ease, speed and convenience. Our Aspiration is to move money and information in a way that moves the world. As a FORTUNE™ 500 company and one of FORTUNE Magazine World's Most Admired Companies for the sixth consecutive year, we are committed to excellence and purposeful innovation. In this role you will be aligned with our card solutions team. Card Services authorizes and settles point-of-sale (POS) and ATM transactions, monitors and drives ATMs, provides nationwide switching of debit, credit, prepaid and ATM transactions, and owns the Accel® Network. We provide clients with proven solutions to maximize profit, reduce cost, and mitigate risk. We welcome and encourage diversity in our workforce. We are an equal opportunity employer/disability/vet. Explore the possibilities of a career with Fiserv and Find Your Forward with us.