NOTE: THIS POSITION CAN WORK REMOTELY
The Lead Application Engineer for NFP Long Term Care Insurance reports to the SVP of NFP Application Engineering. The primary job of this role will be to help develop our technology tools (SaaS / IaaS / PaaS) to increase reliability, scaleability, and user experience for our long term care customers, including employer groups, financial advisors, and consumers. This role will work closely with senior NFP long term care leadership to address business needs and implement technology solutions to meet those needs. This opportunity is for a full time position onsite at our Lake Forest, Illinois location or can be remote anywhere in the United States. This role also supervises the long term care Application Engineer. Salary will be commensurate with experience.
Lead, Architect, design, oversee development and deployment of web and mobile applications across the full stack.
* Specific examples associated task/responsibilities with envisioning and planning phase of the solution development process include, but are not limited to:
* Lead requirements gathering and specifications
* Evaluate scope, project plan & timeline
* Asses risk and analyze mitigation options
* Strategize and design Proof of concept and/or prototypes
* Drive desired status and collaborate with distributed delivery teams
* Deliverables/Tasks/responsibilities associated with the design and development phase of a business solution development process include, but are not limited to, the following:
* Architect ad design Solution/application modules
* Develop implementation specification
* Participate in implementation specification review
* Participate in test plan review
* Specific examples associated with the release phase of a business solution development process include, but not limited to:
* Develop software code to specification, including enhancements to current systems
* Integration test
* Code and deliverable review
* Participate in User acceptance meetings and plan
* Lead future enhancement recommendation or future solution phase/release recommendation.
* Lead deployment and post-deployment support
* Troubleshoot and support basic applications in the production environment when escalated from front-line support team.
* Identify and document process improvement opportunities such as coding practice, templates for repeated tasks, architectural improvement, etc…
* Lead technology innovation of emerging technologies
* Supervise the long term care Application Engineer(s)
* Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or related field
* Minimum of 7-10 years of experience
* Insurance background nice to have
* Excellent oral and written communication skills are essential in order to work with all levels within the company.
* Full understanding of Software Development Life Cycles
* Advanced experience with DocuSign integration and API
* General Rest/Soap API knowledge
* Developer-level Hubspot experience
* Light server side knowledge/experience (Node.js, MySQL, Microsoft SQL Server...etc.)
* Working knowledge of Amazon Web Services hosting
* Working knowledge of code deployment (staging/testing environment to production servers)
* Knowledge of Google's Material Design preferred
* Must be able to handle various tasks simultaneously, organize, prioritize, make decisions and work efficiently and effectively under deadlines.
* Must be able to work with geographically dispersed teams and stakeholders through both onshore and offshore teams
* Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
* Demonstrated ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment with competing priorities
* Ability to work independently
* Ability to lead and manage others and delegate tasks to a small team of developers to successful completion.
* Estimation and timely delivery of proposed and agreed upon solutions.
One of the largest insurance brokerage and consulting firms, NFP offers commercial insurance, corporate benefits and private client resources.