Lead Application Developer - Full Stack
* Trailblazer. Passionate about change and shaping the future.
* Idea catalyst. Out-of-the-box thinker. Turns problems into solutions, ideas into action, plans into results.
* Technical whiz. Intrigued by the ever-evolving world of technology.
We believe people make great companies, not the other way around. Our people make all the difference in delivering innovative HR technologies and solutions that help employees all over the world do their jobs better. The result? We're building the next generation of ADP technologies.
As a Lead Application Developer, you'll help create the best experience for ADP's Time & Labor Management solution that is part of WorkForce Now's core HCM (Human Capital Management) offering. We seek innovative thinkers and doers who push the limits of technology with a "can do" attitude to get things done. As a Lead Application Developer, you are joining us during a time of transformation and growth that touch a range of solutions that span the web, mobile and IoT / hardware devices as well.
Location: 15 Waterview Blvd, Parsippany, NJ 07054
In this role, you will be part of the WorkForce Now (WFN) / Time & Labor Management division that provides a holistic human capital management time solutions for mid-sized companies. As a Lead Application Developer at ADP, we are looking for someone who's had real world experience in solving business problems. We're interested in learning your experience on designing fault-tolerant, scalable and decoupled software solutions using the latest cutting edge technology and platforms. In addition, you will apply your experience and thought leadership in all categories within WFN, which include payroll, HR, benefits and time. With this type of access, we want to differentiate ourselves from our competitors by offering best in class solutions that will help our clients optimize their human capital workforce. In this role, you will make positive contributions to strengthen our product that will allow ADP WorkForce Now to be the leading global HCM solution in the world.
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
* Build services and create solutions to business problems
* Research, Design, Develop, and/or modify enterprise-wide systems / applications
* Prototyping solutions and recommending the adoption of new technologies and continually improve our client experience.
* Support Development and Deployment of application software releases to production and Non Production environments
* Self-reliant, hands-on position to lead and drive code quality, maintain application stability in an agile environment.
* Collaborate with architectural peers, product owners, UX/UI, Internal/External stakeholders and globally distributed teams to understand requirements and develop application in compliance to client needs
* Assist in the development of overall project plans and timetables, analysis and identification of intermediate deliverables
* Define engineering best practices and mentor teams to write elegant code using automated unit tests & TDD methodologies
* Develop specifications for new products/services, applications and service offerings
EXPERIENCE YOU NEED
* 7+ years of technical experience in application development / system / platform / integration and testing software / solutions.
* 7 + years of Back End technologies like Java, J2EE, Spring, Hibernate framework
* 4 year degree in computer science, I/T, or related field, or combination of equivalent education and experience.
* Experience with HTML5 & CSS3
* Solid command of web standards, best practices, and browser compatibility issues.
* Able to create a quick prototype from ideas and mockups from wire frames.
* Good understanding of the core of browsers and how they render HTML.
* Version Control systems, preferable GIT
* Experience with Agile / Waterfall methodologies.
* Experience interfacing with Restful APIs
* Experience with Test-Driven Development and Behavior-Driven testing frameworks like Cucumber and Integration-Testing frameworks like Selenium and SoapUI
* Experience in SCRUM, Jira, GitHub, Jenkins
We're designing a better way to work, so you can achieve what you're working for. Consistently named one of the 'Most Admired Companies' by FORTUNE® Magazine, and recognized by DiversityInc® as one of the 'Top 50 Companies for Diversity,' ADP works with more than 740,000 organizations across the globe to help their people work smarter, embrace new challenges, and unleash their talent. "Always Designing for People" means we're creating platforms that will transform how great work gets done, so together we can unlock a world of opportunity.
At ADP, we believe that diversity fuels innovation. ADP is committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, genetic information, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, lawful alien status, national origin, age, marital status, or protected veteran status. We support an inclusive workplace where associates excel based on personal merit, qualifications, experience, ability, and job performance.
ADP (Automatic Data Processing) is a company providing business process outsourcing services.