Lennox International (LII) is a leading global provider of innovative climate control solutions for heating, ventilation, air conditioning, and refrigeration (HVACR) markets.Beginning over a century ago, Lennox International has built a strong heritage of Innovation and Responsibility. Our position as an innovation leader continually inspires us to promote more efficient energy use and a healthier environment through our product operations. Our engaged and diverse workforce is committed to providing climate control solutions that provide the most value and comfort for our customers. We are proud to have instilled a shared sense of responsibility and commitment among our approximately 10,000 employees located throughout North America, South America, Europe, Asia, and Australia.
Software Design Engineer responsible for the design, development and maintenance of mobile applications and embedded software components for the Engineering Controls group.
BS/MS in Computer/Electrical Engineering, Computer Science.
* Knowledge of object oriented programming methodologies.
* Proficient in Java, Android Studio, Xcode, JSON, HTML, C, C++, Objective-C.
* Experience building clients on top of RESTful JSON-based APIs.
* Experience developing mobile applications for Android and/or iOS platforms.
* Familiarity with key Operating System concepts such as multithreading, task scheduling, interrupts and mobile development techniques for Android and iOS.
* Experience with creating mobile application designs to meet cross-platform, reusability and ease of unit test.
* Proficient with GUI design concepts and implementation on mobile platforms.
* Experience programming multi task or multi-threaded embedded applications.
* Knowledge of Configuration Management methodologies (source code version control, bug tracking and requirement traceability).
* Familiarity with networking protocols (TCP/IP, UDP).
* Familiarity with industry-wide embedded software design and debugging tools.
* Experience developing technical requirements from customer requirements.
* HVAC knowledge is a plus.
* Excellent communication skills.
* Excellent collaboration and teaming skills.
* Creativity and ability to learn quickly are essential.
* Ability to quickly come up to speed on new projects.
* Ability to adapt existing and new technologies to the HVAC field.
* Ability to manage multiple priorities and adapt to changing demands.