United States of America - New York, New York
The Systems Engineer II reports to a Supervisor and/or Technical Manager and provides support for a 24x7 LAN and associated applications, peripherals and connectivity in a Tier II service desk environment on a nationwide contract. This position relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job while working independently or under immediate supervision. A certain degree of creativity and latitude is required.
* Provide direct technical support to end-users for all IT related issues both hardware and software
* 'Analyzes functional business requirements and design specifications for functional activities.
* Should provide identification/fixing for the problems within existing systems design/implementation of new systems, enhances the existing systems and participates in analysis, design and newconstruction of next generation IT systems.
* Responsible for understanding the needs of the customers and the realities of commercially available IT products, and creating requirements that will allow implementation by the architecture and engineering team and COTS products.
* Must possess experience of system engineering in one or more areas including telecommunications concepts, computer languages, operating systems, database/DBMS and middleware.
* Troubleshoot/upgrade existing operational environment consisting of workstations running Windows 7, Windows 7 (x64) or Windows 8. Associated file and print servers running Windows Server 2012. Windows 2000/2003 Active Directory, Exchange and Enterprise Messaging software.
* Peripheral devices consist of PDA's, iPhone 5S and iPhone 6, hand held devices and printers.
* Utilizes Symantec NetBackup OpsCenter and deduplication technology.
* Work with Network Operations Center to troubleshoot complex LAN/WAN issues
* Diagnose, troubleshoot and resolve minor LAN related issues
* Document all work performed and possess ability to write clear and effective status reports
* In a subordinate role, provide technical support for large projects, operations and special events
* Work as a member of a large team and use established standard operating procedures in the conduct of daily duties
* Coordinate with senior technical personnel to ensure problem resolution and user satisfaction
* Install or monitor enterprise installations of new software releases and system upgrades
* May evaluate and install patches, and resolve software related problems
* Maintain data files and monitor system configuration to ensure data integrity
* Utilize the Remedy Action Request System (ARS) to track all service and trouble tickets involving support to end-users
* Responsible for all LAN and Desktop related hardware and may be required to conduct physical inventories
* Communicate effectively both verbally and in writing with clients to identify needs and evaluate alternative technical solutions
* Continually seek opportunities to increase customer satisfaction and deepen client relationship
* Apply basic knowledge of industry trends and developments to improve service to our clients
* Associates Degree or higher and/or 5 -15 years of experience
* This position may require up to 30% travel
* Must be US Citizen
* Clearance Required: Secret or below
What We Offer
When you join AECOM, you become part of a company that is
pioneering the future . Our teams around the world are involved in some of the most cutting-edge and innovative projects and programs of our time, addressing the big challenges of today and shaping the built environment for generations to come. We ensure a workplace that encourages growth, flexibility and creativity, as well as a company culture that champions
inclusion, diversity and overall
employee well-being through programs supported by company leadership. Our
core values define who we are, how we act and what we aspire to, which comes down to not only
delivering a better world , but working to "make amazing happen" in each neighborhood, community and city we touch. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person's potential, and we'll help you reach yours.
Job Category Information Technology
Business Line Management Services
Business Group Management Services Group (MS)
Country United States of America
Position Status Full-Time
Requisition/Vacancy No. 220670BR
Clearance Required Yes
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
AECOM is an engineering company that provides design, consulting, construction, and management services to governments, businesses, and organizations.