The IT Shared Services Department at the University of North Texas System is seeking to hire a LAN Administrator I to join our team.
Responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
* Work with various platforms Laptops, tablets, phones, scanners and OS types such as Microsoft, Linux, Apple etc. to support network connectivity over common network media, connector types and topologies.
* Hands-on configuration, operation and ongoing maintenance of network hardware and support of Layer 2 switching protocols (STP, PVST, RTSP, MST), VLANs, Aggregated Ethernet, and 802.1q tagging.
* Basic understanding of IP addressing, TCP/IP and IPv4 protocols including DNS, DHCP,ICMP,SNMP and testing tools such as Ping, Trace route, Nslookup.
* Identify common network infrastructure troubleshooting techniques for rogue detection and interference.
* Manage inventory of network hardware including, but not limited to configuration backups and maintenance.
* Attend meetings related to the network portion of new construction/remodels.
* Estimate and invoice new construction projects/remodels.
* Supervise (includes hiring, timesheet approval) a group of student employees, providing them with daily tasks and/or long term projects.
The University of North Texas System and its component institutions are committed to equal opportunity and comply with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination and affirmative action. The University of North Texas System and its component institutions do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, and employment practices.