Oliver Wyman is hiring top-tier Data Scientists to work in our newly launched New York Innovation Studio. In this role, you will work as part of a multi-disciplinary team that focuses on understanding real user problems & business opportunities, designing, building, prototyping, testing, and iterating to create scalable solutions that address our clients' most pressing problems. Members of the Studio team will be focused on driving impact and creating real value for clients and internal users.
As a Data Scientist, you will be:
− Providing essential insight and leverage on business problems through a data science lens
− Acting as a leader in data-related problem solving discussions, workshops and cross-functional co-creation sessions
− The go-to person for answering complex analytic questions related to large data sets in the spirit of helping clients shape solutions and services more effectively
As a Data Scientist, you will be expected to:
− Work within integrated client and project teams to provide essential insight and leverage on business problems through a data science lens
− Understand, communicate, and manage the end-to-end lifecycle of analytics on a given project
− Balance deep involvement in technical solution development with execution, communication and delivery of the client project
− Support project teams through an understanding of which quantitative problems are the most valuable in a certain industry and a direction on which features and model structures are best suited to solving them
− Embark on exploratory data analysis projects to grow toolkit and content, as well as to discover untapped areas of growth and optimization
Skills & Requirements
As a Data Scientist, you will be expected to:
−Work well in interdisciplinary teams
* Co-create with other Engineers, Designers, business experts, clients, and end-users, working in a fully integrated (vs. siloe-ed) manner * Have extensive experience working with Software Developers and Engineers
−Demonstrate strong communication skills, i.e.,
* Demonstrate effective written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills * Communicate the solution, its parameters, its assumptions and its inner workings to audiences who vary widely in their levels of technical fluency and seniority
- Be a self-starter who takes initiative
* Able to work under very little supervision and guidance, to achieve team goals and complete assignments within established time frames * Be flexible and willing to learn - adapt quickly to new problems and fluid project circumstances * Contribute to problem solving within a flat team structure; roll-up your sleeves to contribute to all aspects of the solution
− Demonstrate technical background in computer science, data science, machine learning, artificial intelligence, statistics or other quantitative and computational science:
* Demonstrate professional experience building and delivering data science and statistics based solutions, with an emphasis on creating measurable results and lasting impact, i.e., * Demonstrate experience managing the process of building a model, incorporating features, tuning performance, and deploying into production, often working under tight time constraints * Leverage an 'engineering' mindset and show a willingness to make rapid, pragmatic decisions to improve performance, accelerate progress or magnify impact; recognizing that the 'good' is not the enemy of the 'perfect' * Demonstrate solid and battle-tested understanding of the standard canon of machine learning practices, including but not limited to: * Linear and logistic regression * Decision tree classification and regression * Neural networks * Dimensionality reduction * Clustering * Bagging, boosting, and other non-parametric methods * Demonstrate expertise working with and maintaining open source data analysis platforms, including but not limited to: * Pandas, Scikit-Learn, Matplotlib, TensorFlow, Jupyter and other Python data tools * Spark, HDFS, Kafka and other high volume data tools * SQL and NoSQL storage tools, such as MySQL, Postgres, Cassandra, MongoDB and ElasticSearch
−Have minimum 3-5 years of relevant experience
Oliver Wyman is a global leader in management consulting. With offices in 50+ cities across 26 countries, Oliver Wyman combines deep industry knowledge with specialized expertise in strategy, operations, risk management, and organization transformation. Our 4700+ professionals help clients optimize their business, improve their operations and risk profile, and accelerate their organizational performance to seize the most attractive opportunities. Oliver Wyman's thought leadership is evident in our agenda-setting books, white papers, research reports, and articles in the business press. Our clients are the CEOs and executive teams of the top Global 1000 companies.
Visit our website for more details about Oliver Wyman: www.oliverwyman.com
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates are EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.
Mercer is a human resource consulting service that includes compensation, employee benefits, communications, and investment consulting.