Do you seek to tackle challenging problems in novel ways?
Do you want to contribute to the development of resilient systems in support of the US warfighter?
Are you passionate about inventing creative solutions to complex engineering challenges?
If so, we're looking for someone like you to join our APL team.
We are seeking a laboratory engineer to help us solve national security challenges for military systems. As a member of the APL team, you will tackle problems and develop novel solutions for the Government across numerous agencies and departments. Ultimately you will work with teams of engineers whose goals are to innovate, assess and integrate real-time system analysis, perform laboratory / field testing, assist in post-processing data analysis, and present results to sponsors. We strive to cultivate an environment that promotes professional growth and a balanced life, and inspire diversity of thought.
As a Laboratory Engineer for the Resilient Military Systems Group:
* Your primary responsibility will be to interface test articles with laboratory test, measurement, and analysis equipment, enabling cybersecurity-related research and development.
* You will advise project teams to various approaches for integrating hardware-in-the-loop
* You will participate in technical roles on cybersecurity teams enabling US military services to design, develop and deploy resilient military systems
* You will engineer solutions for safely and expertly interfacing units under test with laboratory hardware
You will support the development of simulation, emulation, and analytic software used in laboratory experimentation.
You meet our minimum qualifications for the job if you...
* Possess a BS in Electrical or Computer Engineering
* Have 3 years of experience developing with LabVIEW (G code), to include control, monitoring, and communication with external physical systems
* Have 1 years of experience developing in other languages, including C and C
* Are skilled in interfacing systems using a variety of protocols and electrical characteristics to laboratory test and measurement equipment
* Are able to obtain and maintain a TOP SECRET security clearance. If selected, you will be subject to a government security clearance investigation and must meet the requirements for access to classified information. Eligibility requirements include U.S. citizenship.
* Are willing and able to travel up to 10%
You'll go above and beyond our minimum requirements if you...
* Have an MS in Electrical or Computer Engineering
* Have 3 years' experience scripting and coding in a variety of languages, including Python
Why work at APL?
The Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory (APL) brings world-class expertise to our nation's most critical defense, security, space and science challenges. With a wide selection of challenging, impactful work and a robust education assistance program, APL promotes a culture of life-long learning. Our employees enjoy generous benefits and healthy work/life balance. APL's campus is located in the Baltimore-Washington metro area. Learn more about our career opportunities at www.jhuapl.edu/careers.
APL is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.