Description:The candidate for this requisition will serve as the Hardware Lead Engineer (HLE) responsible for leading the design, procurement, fabrication, installation, checkout, integration, and delivery of F-35 Labs Hardware in the Loop (HITL) simulation equipment in support of the Labs and Technical Services organization.
Candidate will be responsible for development, design, and execution of HITL Aircraft PME equipment consoles, cockpits, image generators, I/O systems, audio/visual equipment, data recording, host computer assemblies, and networks as required.
Candidate will own the Hardware design lifecycle for HITL HW products, estimates, processes, and provide support to meet cost, schedule, and technical objectives.
Candidate will provide Earned Value Management System (EVMS) inputs to the CAM/Project lead to achieve performance expectations and ensure collaborative support across Hardware design, system admin, operations, and build team personnel.
Candidate will coordinate budgets including Direct Deliverable/Non-Deliverable Special Test Equipment, Capital, and Overhead to meet HITL HW objectives.
Candidate must be a US citizen. This position requires special access and a Secret clearance to start.
* Bachelor's degree in Electronics Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or Electrical Engineering Technology discipline required
* Experience in hardware electronics product/lab development.
* Experience in hardware and operations development and hardware design processes and tools.
* Experience with estimating, project management/scheduling, Earned Value Management System principles, and HW Design configuration management.
* Experience with electronics/test equipment and lab security design concepts.
* Experience with audio/visual interfaces and protocols, computer network architecture, and fiber optics infrastructure/interconnect.
* MS Project, MS Visio, CM Tools such as PDM and/or CAD Datanet or equivalent, Parts Purchasing systems such as SAP, P-Card, EMAS or equivalent.
* Electrical, Fiber Optic, and Audio/Visual design and troubleshooting skills utilizing multimeter, oscilloscope, TDR, signal analyzer, etc.
* Cisco and Extreme Networks hardware architecture and interfaces.
* Strong interpersonal and communication skills with various hardware equipment vendors/suppliers.
* Must be willing to mentor junior-level team members
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They're dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin's vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers' toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.