AT&T Mobility & Entertainment is breaking new ground every day in delivering the world's greatest video entertainment experiences in the most exciting and rapidly changing industry today. AT&T seeks an aggressive and dynamic individual looking to roll up their sleeves and deliver unforgettable consumer products.
The AT&T Mobility & Entertainment Group manages a diverse portfolio of premium video services across DIRECTV, DIRECTV NOW, U-verse, & NFL Sunday Ticket including a suite of linear streaming and video on demand apps and websites in addition to creating the best cross-platform entertainment experiences for modern video consumers.
The ideal candidate will be passionate about television, movies, entertainment, and technology. He/She will have a deep understanding of Agile Methodologies and experience with technologies that delivers live streaming and video on demand services. He/she will inspect the Agile Practices of the Organization and drive continuous improvement through small, medium, and long-term initiatives. The candidate will be part of a team that believes in working fast, being accountable, and learning from mistakes.
In this role, you will…
* Inform, develop, and execute on the near and long term strategy for the Relentless Improvement of the Lean-Agile Practices of the Organization.
* Manage multiple initiatives that evolve effecting change within the organization at every level.
* Work with cross-functional teams to deliver value to our customers in a predictable and timely manner.
* Maintain familiarity with the latest best practices for Lean Agile Software Development to ensure AT&T continues to evolve to be the best-in-class video provider
* Develop strong positions on the Agile Practices and be open to healthy Debate regarding the best approaches to use throughout the organization
* Communicating the need, urgency, purpose and vision for Lean/Agile transformation
* Developing the transformation roadmap and managing the transformation backlog
* Establishing acceptance/success criteria and metrics by which we measure success
* Conducting or sourcing training for executives, managers and leaders, development teams, and specialty roles such as Product Owner, Product Manager, Scrum Master, and Release Train Engineer
* Identifying Value Streams, quantifying and qualifying the work that will be done and helping define and launch Agile Release Trains (ARTs)
* Providing coaching and training to ART stakeholders and teams
* Participating in critical, initial events like Program Increment (PI) Planning and Inspect and Adapt (I&A) ceremonies
* Fostering SAFe Communities of Practice (CoPs)
* Communicating progress against defined acceptance/success criteria
* Implementing Lean-Agile focus days, with guest speakers, and presenting internal case studies
* Promoting continuing Lean-Agile education across the entire organization
* Extending Lean-Agile practices to other areas of the company, including Lean Budgets, Lean Portfolio Management, contracts, and human resources
* Establishing and enterprise wide culture of relentless, continuous improvement.
* 2+ years of experience with the Scaled Agile Framework
* 2+ years of experience Coaching Lean-Agile Practices
* Experience with the development of video products at a consumer facing distribution company
* Experience successfully deploying complex technical initiatives in highly matrixed organizations
* Previous experience managing relationships with influential and highly technical leaders
* Ability to understand and engage with technical teams on highly complex projects.
* Ability to communicate technical details to non-technical people
* Experience with Agile Development Methodologies
* Deep interpersonal skills needed to forge trust with members of the organization
* Exceptional critical thinking and analytical skills.
* Ability to interact with a diverse set of technical and non-technical stakeholders.
* Ability to adapt rapidly in a fast moving environment with shifting priorities and the ability to react quickly, dynamically, and intelligently.
* Undergraduate degree required (preferably in CS, Engineering, Psychology, Market Research or related field).
Job ID 1925139 Date posted 06/17/2019
AT&T is a provider of telecommunications, media, entertainment, and technology services for consumers, content creators, distributors, and advertisers.