At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the world. We're investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people's lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we're a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth.
Job Description Summary
Responsible for directing and approving the application of technical accounting treatment in each business line. Provides line management with direction and leadership in the technical areas of accounting and systems integration. Responsible for the design and maintenance of sub ledger-to-general ledger interface control processes used to ensure the integrity of data for financial reporting purposes. The assigned areas of responsibility are activities of high complexity and impact.
Essential Job Functions
* Evaluates the financial reporting and general ledger system impact of new products, product changes, system changes and accounting changes across all business lines.
* Directs and/or performs general ledger account mapping activities related to new products, product changes, accounting, and system changes.
* Directs and/or designs general ledger front-end system configuration changes as required.
* Designs, directs and/or performs user acceptance testing for all general ledger system and interface changes including approval for final release.
* Directs the monitoring and maintenance of system control accounts.
* Provides advice, counsel, and practical input to the Finance Accounting Policy Manager for the establishment of accounting policy.
* Monitors the design and effectiveness of business line internal controls over financial reporting and works with the Internal Control Manager to ensure noted deficiencies are adequately remediated.
* Coordinates systems integration processes, projects, and data production activities with the IT Steering Committee.
Other Job Duties
* Maintains up-to-date policy and procedure documentation including periodic testing to ensure adherence of all policies and procedures.
* Ensures proper coordination between assigned staff and all interfacing business units.
* Perform special projects and other duties as assigned.
* Requires deep knowledge of job area typically obtained through advanced education combined with experience.
* Typically viewed as a specialist within discipline.
* May have broad knowledge of project management.
* Requires 7 years minimum prior relevant experience.
* Bachelor's Degree
* Field of Experience.
* Extensive knowledge of banking industry product lines and related operational processes.
* Extensive working level systems knowledge.
* Experience in industry accounting and reporting processes.
* Experience in new product, application change, and new systems implementation processes.
* Knowledge and technical skills in systems management, technologies, integration of distributed and mainframe systems for centralized control and optimization.
* Extensive knowledge of personal computers and applications. Administrative/Technical Skills.
* Analytical and research skills.
* Bank product and service knowledge.
* Composition skills for preparation of letters, reports and memorandum.
* Develop policies and procedures.
* Effective negotiating.
* Personal computer proficiencies.
* Planning and organizing.
* Presentation skills.
* Team building.
* Written and verbal communication skills.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.