Location Los Angeles or Palo Alto
Skadden is seeking a West Coast Research & Knowledge Analyst to help expand our weekend information services in support of attorneys across the globe. This full-time, exempt position will be located in either our Los Angeles or Palo Alto office, and hours include Saturdays and Sundays 11:00 am to 7:00 pm PST with flexible additional days. This role involves intensive legal and corporate research, and the ideal candidate thrives in a fast paced environment while demonstrating a positive, customer-service approach. As a member of Skadden's professional staff, the Research & Knowledge Analyst will play an integral role in providing unrivalled client service.
* Supports research and Knowledge Management (KM) initiatives for firm attorneys and staff across the globe, incorporating new technology.
* Responsible for providing information, analysis and expertise to attorneys and staff in all practice areas of the firm.
* Analyzes legal, corporate and general resources and communicates findings in a clear and concise manner.
* Uses workflow software for the distribution and recording of research requests.
* Monitors email on firm issued mobile device while out of the office and during off hours and coordinates with staff in other offices to complete pending requests.
* Helps plan and implement department outreach, training and orientation programs.
* Creates and maintains new business alert services that identify matters of interest to existing and potential clients.
* Collaborates with practice group leaders and other attorneys to design effective KM websites and databases.
* Works independently and with the KM team and selected practice areas to collect, organize and update content for practice area websites and databases.
* Establishes relationships with attorneys to promote awareness of KM initiatives and to solicit their participation.
* Evaluates new and updated versions of information resources, and recommends beneficial information sources for the Firm.
* Develops information network within and outside the Firm.
* Demonstrates effective interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills to facilitate effective work relationships with others.
* Ensures continuity of Research & Knowledge Services operations during supervisor absences.
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND OTHER JOB-RELATED COMPETENCIES:
* Experience with corporate, business, securities and litigation research.
* Expertise with computer-based research tools including but not limited to: Lexis, Westlaw, Bloomberg Terminal, Bloomberg Law, Practical Law, Cheetah, Intelligize, Securities Mosaic, Deal Point Data, Capital IQ, SNL, PACER, Courthouse News
Service, Accurint and HeinOnline.
* Experience developing and implementing training or instructional programs.
* Strong understanding of Knowledge Management principles, technology and best practices.
* Proficient in using WYSIWYG web page editors.
* Advanced knowledge of relevant firm computer software programs (e.g., Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint), with the ability to learn new applications.
* Ability to handle multiple projects and shifting priorities.
* Ability to work well independently as well as effectively within a team.
* Prioritizes a highly positive, customer-service approach.
* Flexibility to adjust hours and to work additional hours as necessary to meet operating and business needs.
* Master's Degree in Library Science or equivalent experience (minimum of eight years); and
* Minimum of two years' research experience in a law firm or corporate library.
Candidates may apply at: https://www.skadden.com/careers/staff/opportunities/los-angeles/research-and-knowledge-analyst-weekends
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Skadden is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It adheres to an employment policy that prohibits discriminatory practices or harassment against applicants or employees based on any legally impermissible factor including, but not necessarily limited to, race, color, religion, creed, national origin, age, citizenship, marital or family status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, change of sex or transgender status, genetic information, pregnancy or pregnancy-related medical conditions, disability (where the applicant or employee is qualified to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation), any protected military or veteran status, or status as a victim of domestic or dating violence, sexual assault or stalking. EEO is the Law