Junior Software Developer
Req #: 223121
Location: Ashburn, VA US
Job Category: Information Technology
Minimum Security Clearance: Secret
What You'll Get To Do:
CACI's Agile Solution Factory (ASF) is hiring a junior software developer to support a key program in Ashburn, VA. Join this passionate team of industry-leading individuals supporting the Best Practices in Agile Software Development for the Department of Defense.
ASF programs thrive in a culture of innovation and are constantly seeking individuals who can bring creative ideas to solve complex problems, both technical and procedural at the team and portfolio levels. The ability to be adaptable and to work constructively with a technically diverse team is crucial.
You should have worked with or have a strong interest in agile software development practices and delivering deployable software in short sprints.
More About The Role:
Serves as an Agile Scrum team member providing software development and maintenance services for the delivery of releasable software. Responsible for activities associated with delivery of software solutions associated with customer-defined systems and software projects. Basic responsibilities include:
* Designing, developing and implementing custom software and database application capabilities for a variety of legacy and modernized systems.
* Acts as a member of a product team supporting teammates and collaborating with a do what it takes attitude to ensure product and team success.
* Active participation in release and sprint planning, artifact creation, sprint testing, regression testing, demonstrations and retrospectives and solution releases.
* Supporting release planning with conceptual design and development / refinement of software engineering guidelines.
* Analyzing project-related problems and creating innovative solutions involving, scheduling, technology, methodology, tools and solution components.
* Ensuring product quality and timeliness of work, providing advice and guidance, resolving problems to meet objectives, and providing periodic performance reports.
* Developing new and refining existing process to enhance quality and productivity.
You Will Bring These Skills:
* Professional Experience: 2+ years related technical experience
* College degree (B.S.) in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Information Management Systems or a related discipline Equivalent professional experience will be considered in lieu of degree
* Must be a U.S. Citizen with at least an interim DOD Secret clearance or higher
* Experience with continuous integration tools and environments.
* Experience with source code control systems and concurrent development workflows (Git preferred)
* Basic understanding of all elements of the software development life cycle, including planning, development, requirements management, CM, quality assurance, and release management
* Highly responsible, team-oriented individual with very strong work ethic and a self-starter
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Strong collaboration skills and desire to work within a team
* Highly responsible, team-oriented individual with very strong work ethic and self-starter
These Skills Would Be Nice to Have:
* Technical Certifications, such as MCSD; MCPD; CSM; CSD; OCJD; SCJD.
* DOD 8570 certification.
* Familiarity using VersionOne Agile project tools.
* Direct experience providing production support for Oracle databases; experience with Oracle tools.
* Experience working on unusually complicated problems and providing solutions that are highly creative and ingenious, exhibiting ingenuity, creativity, and resourcefulness.
* Additionally, familiarity with any of the following is highly desirable: HTML, Angular.js, VMware, information exchanges (ETL, ESB), message queuing, application security, automated testing, UML, or Sparx Enterprise Architect
CACI employs a diverse range of talent to create an environment that fuels innovation and fosters continuous improvement and success. At CACI, you will have the opportunity to make an immediate impact by providing information solutions and services in support of national security missions and government transformation for Intelligence, Defense, and Federal Civilian customers. CACI is proud to provide dynamic careers for employees worldwide. CACI is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
CACI International is a provider of information solutions and services in support of national security missions and government transformation for intelligence, defense, and federal civilian customers.