Verisign, a leader in domain names and internet infrastructure, enables internet navigation for many of the world's most recognized domain names. Verisign enables the security, stability, and resiliency of key internet infrastructure and services, including providing root zone maintainer services, operating two of the 13 global internet root servers, and providing registration services and authoritative resolution for the .com and .net top-level domains, which support the majority of global e-commerce.
The Systems Engineer will be part of the Application Delivery team within the Infrastructure Services organization. This position will be heavily involved in the development, operation, and automation of the tools and services supporting Verisign's Product Engineering and Production Operations organizations including the software delivery pipeline, and CI/CD tools. The ideal candidate will have an extensive background in both software development and UNIX systems administration. The candidate will join a team that controls its own destiny, responsible for the research and development, testing, automation, deployment, and operations of all services supported by the team.
* Rapidly diagnose, troubleshoot, solve, and deploy fixes for production service incidents.
* Focus on systems and application deployment automation and process improvement.
* Identify and address systems performance and scalability challenges.
* Develop software, tools, and/or routines to replace daily manual tasks.
* Design CI/CD pipelines for the rapid deployment of software.
* Development experience in one or more of Python, Java, Go, Node.js, Ruby, or Perl
* UNIX Shell Scripting experience
* 2-4 years of experience in a blend of software engineering and system administration
* BS in Computer Science or related field
* Experience with automation frameworks like Ansible, Salt, Puppet, or Chef
* Experience in Docker
* Experience with CI/CD frameworks such as Jenkins or Bamboo
* Experience with AWS, OpenStack, or similar
* System and application health monitoring with Graphite, Sensu, Nagios, or similar
U.S. citizens and those already authorized to work in the U.S. are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor for this position.