PSI Pax, Inc has an exciting opportunity for an Junior IT Specialist to support our government customer in Quantico, VA.
Duties & Responsibilities:
* Under immediate supervision, install, configure, service, repair, and maintain information technology systems in both a stand-alone and client-server environment, including MS server, Defense Message Systems, and other authorized information technology systems.
* Install, configure, service, repair, and maintain hardware and software for network services, storage networking devices, and servers.
* Integrate multiple information systems in a networked environment, evaluate and resolve customer information system problems, effect required hardware upgrades and repair to maintain mission capability.
* Install and configure wireless hubs, routers, switches, and various transmission media, server hardware and software, and ensure the proper installation and configuration of workstation hardware and software for efficient operation on the network.
* Install, optimize and troubleshoot Local Area and Base Area Networks. Familiar with Internet Protocol version 6 (IPv6), Enhanced Interior Gateway Routing Protocol (EIGRP), Border Gateway Protocol (BGP), Virtual Local Area Networks (VLANs), Virtual Private Networks (VPNs), and Network Address Translation (NAT).
* US Citizen or Green Card Holder
* Active Secret Clearance|
* Two to four (2-4) years' experience
* Must possess one of the following certifications: MTA MCTS MCSA, CompTIA A+, CompTIA Network +, or CompTIA Security+
PSI Pax is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or genetic information.