Grant Thornton is seeking an Associate to join its Operations Transformation service line and take an active role in engagement execution, project management and key business development activities.
Grant Thornton Public Sector helps executives and managers at all levels of government maximize their performance and efficiency in the face of ever tightening budgets and increased demand for services. We give clients creative, cost-effective solutions that enhance their acquisition, financial, human capital, information technology, data analytics, and performance management. For more information, visit grantthornton.com/publicsector.
At Grant Thornton, our professional staff applies traditional, cutting-edge approaches and methods to a variety of analyses. As part of our team, the Associate will utilize various methodologies and models to execute client projects.
* The client has overall responsibility for managing the customer experience by ensuring resources are focused on providing the IT products and services necessary for customer organizations to achieve its mission and business objectives.
* Customer relationship managers (CRM) are responsible for assisting in communication, coordination and facilitation, for integrating of the work required to provide the IT products or services that meet customer's needs.
* All personnel proposed for this task do not have the capability to be leveraged to perform other tasks.
* The contractor shall assist with the liaison between CLIENT and its customers.
* The following roles are assigned to the CRMs:
* Serve as the primary liaison between CLIENT and its customer base.
* Identify all CLIENT clients and maintain active on-going relationships with those clients.
* Collect and maintain data regarding all CLIENT customers and its relationship with the customer.
* Gather and understand customer business requirements.
* Have sufficient awareness of all CLIENT products and services to inform customers and potential customers of the suitability of these products and services to meet customer needs.
* Coordinate the development of appropriate and Government agreed upon metrics to insure that CLIENT customer expectations are met.
* Provide information to CLIENT customers about products, services, capabilities, and methods of operation.
* Gather customer feedback regarding CLIENT performance and level of customer service satisfaction.
* Provide technical writing support for project initiation documentation (e.g., operational requirements document, project authorization document)
* Additional tasks required include:
* Support the client in building and strengthening customer relationships.
* Serve as the primary point of engagement for customers seeking IT products and services.
* Attend meetings and work with customers in the CRM capacity and support CLIENT with customer advocacy.
* Ensure appropriate and timely response to customer requests for service and assistance.
* Support the client organization in identifying and mitigating customer relationship risks and issues; maintain a risk and issue register for each customer.
* Report on customer activity and status to lead CRM.
* Identify and recommend appropriate applications for information technology and technology innovations within and between customer organizations and the Agency's mission/business processes.
* Work with customers to understand their business needs, and determine the appropriate intake approach to be taken.
* Consult with customers on identifying, validating, compiling, developing, and documenting business requirements.
* Assist customers with producing preliminary project and System Engineering Life Cycle (SELC) documentation to include Project Authorization Document (PAD), Mission Needs Statement (MNS), Concept of Operations (CONOPS), Functional Requirements Document (FRD), and Project Life Cycle Cost Estimate (PLCCE). 10) Review and validate Project Authorization Document (PAD) for accuracy and required content.
* Process intake requests; track and maintain an up-to-date inventory of all CLIENT Intakes.
* Provide support in developing and reviewing triggering documents.
* Support efforts in preparation for the Business Technology Council (BTC).
* Facilitate the Business Technology Council (BTC) review process within CLIENT.
* Leverage the lead CRM for guidance and assistance when questions arise.
* Understand the CLIENT organizational structure and have knowledge of the proper POC for each division.
* Maintain and update the client specific information repository reporting mechanism with on-going activities, status, issues and risks.
* Maintain briefing books to reflect the current situation in the various customer offices.
* Insure the business needs of the customer are clearly articulated.
* Develop and/or maintain a list of CLIENT products and services.
* Maintain and update the Intake information repository and reporting mechanism daily.
* Meet or exceed targeted billing hours (utilization).
* Assist with business development activities, such as proposals, capture, account teams, whitepapers, conferences, and/or other thought leadership materials.
* Technical writing, IT requirements gathering, process flow diagraming, written and oral communication, meeting facilitation, client engagement, data gathering and analysis.
* Candidates should be able to flex between multiple, independent assignments and work well with others.
* MS Visio and SharePoint experience a plus.
* Bachelor's Degree required from an accredited college or university in a related field.
* Ability to obtain and maintain certain job-related certifications if no job-related advanced degrees.
* U.S. citizenship may be required. Ability to work in the United States indefinitely required.
* Travel may be required.
* Ability to work overtime required on occasion.
* Ability to sit in an office environment for long periods of time.
* Ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance.
* Ability to communicate clearly in writing and verbally.
* Ability to obtain and maintain firm independence and abide by firm ethics requirements.
* Meet or exceed continuing professional education (CPE) requirements.
* Grant Thornton LLP is the U.S. member firm of Grant Thornton International, one of the six global accounting, tax and business advisory organizations. Grant Thornton's Public Sector, based in Alexandria, VA, is a global management consulting business with the mission of providing responsive and innovative financial, performance management and systems solutions to governments and international organizations. Visit Grant Thornton's Public Sector at www.grantthornton.com/publicsector.
It is Grant Thornton's policy to promote equal employment opportunities. All personnel decisions, including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, benefits and termination, are made without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.