TransPerfect Is More Than Just a Job…
Our greatest asset is our people, and nothing is more important to us than ensuring that everyone knows that. Each of our 90+ offices has its own individual identity, and each also has its own unique rewards.
Locations:US-New York, NY (211 43rd)Job Description:
We are seeking an energetic individual to work full-time in our New York City office as a Junior Helpdesk Support Specialist. This is an experienced professional position for someone with 1-3 years of experience with a chance to be exposed to an enterprise computing environment. The qualified candidate should have good technical troubleshooting skills and excellent non-technical communication skills, both in written and oral formats.
* Providing exceptional IT Services to TransPerfect employees
* Installing and supporting Windows and Mac based hardware and software (including peripheral devices such as printers and USB devices)
* Responding to support requests on a daily basis
* Performing analysis, diagnosis and resolution of desktop hardware and software problems for a variety of end users
* Documenting and maintaining an inventory of all computing equipment including PCs, monitors, printers, scanners, and other Knowledge of Microsoft Windows Desktop Operating Systems (Windows 7 Pro, Windows 8.1 Pro, Windows 10 Pro)
* Knowledge of Mac OS X
* Knowledge of office productivity software such as Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, etc.
* Knowledge of basic networking and connectivity - DHCP, DNS, Cabling, etc.
* Knowledge of Virus and Spyware removal techniques
* Knowledge of Active Directory
* Ability to quickly diagnose and fix problems
* Ability to open a computer and replace defective components
* Ability to operate in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
* Ability to work in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
* Exceptional written, oral and interpersonal communication skills
* Exceptional customer service orientation
* Must be detail oriented
Valued but not required skills and experience:
* Working knowledge of a past Helpdesk/Support Ticketing System
* Experience with Microsoft Active Directory
Physical demands and work environment:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing duties of job, employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, sit, use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, of controls; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. Employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Finally, the employee generally works in an indoor office environment; working hours beyond the normal workweek may be required.
TransPerfect is a language services company offering multilingual translation and interpreting solutions to multinational businesses.