Requisition ID: 213534
Work Area: Software-Design and Development
Expected Travel: 0 - 30%
Career Status: Graduate
Employment Type: Regular Full Time
SAP started in 1972 as a team of five colleagues with a desire to do something new. Together, they changed enterprise software and reinvented how business was done. Today, as a market leader in enterprise application software, we remain true to our roots. That's why we engineer solutions to fuel innovation, foster equality and spread opportunity for our employees and customers across borders and cultures.
SAP values the entrepreneurial spirit, fostering creativity and building lasting relationships with our employees. We know that a diverse and inclusive workforce keeps us competitive and provides opportunities for all. We believe that together we can transform industries, grow economics, lift up societies and sustain our environment. Because it's the best-run businesses that make the world run better and improve people's lives.
Our team wants to change the way enterprise software is built. The Junior Full-Stack Developer will be driving special pilot and incubation projects with a focus on validating new enterprise product, technology, and architecture approaches and the goal to actively help shaping SAP's future Cloud ERP architecture.
As a Junior Full-Stack Developer, you will work on a specific project critical to SAP S/4's needs with opportunities to switch teams and projects as you and our fast-paced business grow and evolve. We need our engineers to be versatile, display leadership qualities and be enthusiastic to take on new problems across the full-stack as we continue to push technology forward.
How You Will Contribute
* Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain and improve software with a focus on full-stack or back-end server-side technologies.
* Propose and compare design and technology options with technical leads.
* Lead proof-of-concept and prototyping efforts.
* Work closely with Design & Product Management.
* Gather requirements from customers in close collaboration with customers' business and IT departments.
* Build a highly scalable and reliable, state-of-the-art web application to handle critical functions for hundreds of thousands of employees.
* Constantly test, monitor, analyze and improve performance.
* Manage individual project priorities, deadlines and deliverables.
* Develop fast and beautiful web applications using modern cloud-native technologies.
* Join user interviews to see how our app is used and experienced by our customers.
A Successfull Candidate Would
* BS degree in Computer Science, a related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
* Experience as a full-stack engineer building highly scalable and reliable web applications with high standards for security leveraging state-of-the-art technology stacks and tooling
* Experience with DevOps practices and tools preferrable in a cloud environment
* Knowledge of modern back-end technology stacks, tools and standards, including relational and non-relational databases (e.g., Postgres, MongoDB), webservers (e.g., Nginx), server-side frameworks (e.g., Node.js), restful APIs and OAuth
* Experience building web APIs and API-first design principles
* Experience with building data-driven pipelines using modern stack technologies such as Spark, Kafka, Kubernetes, Cassandra preferable
* Experience with of enterprise PII controls, GDPR, other global data privacy regulations is a plus
* Newport Beach, CA (must be willing to relocate, if necessary, and work out of this office location)
WHAT YOU GET FROM US
Success is what you make it. At SAP, we help you make it your own.
A career at SAP can open many doors for you. If you're searching for a company that's dedicated to your ideas and individual growth, recognizes you for your unique contributions, fills you with a strong sense of purpose, and provides a fun, flexible and inclusive work environment - apply now.
SAP'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with SAP and are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team. (Americas:Careers.NorthAmerica@sap.com or Careers.LatinAmerica@sap.com, APJ: Careers.APJ@sap.com, EMEA: Careers@sap.com). Requests for reasonable accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability:
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their age, race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.
Gigya is a provider of customer identity management platform which helps companies build trusted customer relationships based on transparency and personal data control.