The Regents of the University of California
Requisition Number: 30510 Job Title: PROGRAMMER/ANALYST II Working Title: Junior ETL Developer Salary: $24.81- $48.70 hourly Job Type: Contract Department Name: 5400-GENERAL LIBRARY Department Website URL: http://www.library.ucla.edu/about/jobs-ucla-library Job Summary Statement: Reporting to the Head of Software Development and Library Systems (HSDLS), the Junior ETL Developer (JETLD) provides systems analysis and programming to migrate digital assets and metadata between multiple repositories and systems of record. The JETLD extracts data from legacy systems and databases, assists with the creation of metadata mapping schemas, writes programs that execute the metadata mappings, ingests the content and metadata into the new systems and databases, and monitors the ingest process. These systems include digital library applications (e.g. Samvera, Islandora, and the homegrown DLCS), metadata cataloging tools (e.g. Voyager and ArchiveSpace), and website content management systems (e.g. Drupal). The JETLD assists in the development of small applications and tools that enable library staff to perform these same kinds of extraction, transformation, and loading jobs on their own. The JETLD assists in the development of pipelines that automate the flow of metadata and assets between systems.
Digital Initiatives and Information Technology (DIIT) supports library staff and users by providing access to library technologies via the campus network infrastructure backbone. Supported technology resources include the integrated library system and online catalog; network connectivity including servers, storage, operating system and application server delivery; and programming and application development in support of digital and web-based initiatives. Through collaborative efforts with all areas of UCLA's libraries, DIIT assists in the development and delivery of technologies for all types of electronic resources. DIIT is comprised of multiple teams: Software Development & Library Systems, the Digital Library Program, the Data Science Center, Operations and Services (including Data Center and Network Team, Helpdesk Team and Learning & Research Technology Services). DIIT's 50+ staff members also work as collaborative partners with units in other areas of the library and provide technology support for the major business systems used by the libraries. Percentage of Time: 100 Shift Start: 8:00 am Shift End: 5:00 pm Qualifications for Position
15 Records Qualifications Required/Preferred
1. Bachelor's degree in computer programming, information science, or a similar area; or equivalent education and/or work experience.
2. Demonstrated ability to communicate orally with users, peers and management about technology and project methodologies.
3. Excellent written communication skills to create technical documentation in a wiki and ability to write clear technical documentation.
5. Working knowledge of XML syntax, namespaces, and schemas.
6. Working knowledge of SQL and relational database technology.
7. Ability to work independently and efficiently with minimal supervision.
8. Detail oriented with strong organizational skills and ability to manage multiple projects.
9. Working knowledge of linux/unix shell command line.
10. Working knowledge of distributed code repositories such as git.
11. Ability to get to work reliably and on time and to be present in the workplace during normal working hours.
12. Ability to follow directions from supervisors and to provide clear directions to staff and student employees.
13. Ability to initiate and maintain cooperative working relationships with coworkers, supervisors, and managers. Ability to work harmoniously and as a team player, thrive in a team-based environment, and skill in fostering teamwork among others.
14. Working knowledge of Python-based web development frameworks, such as Django or Flask.
15. Working knowledge of descriptive metadata schemas, such as Dublin Core, MODS, and MARC.
Preferred Additional Posting Information Bargaining Unit: 99-Policy Covered Application Deadline: 06-24-2019 External Posting Date: Quicklink To Posting: hr.mycareer.ucla.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=76528 Special Instructions: NOTE: This position REQUIRES that a RESUME and COVER LETTER be submitted in addition to the application. Please have ALL FILES ready to upload when applying.
This is a three-year contract position. Contact information: This is a 3 year contract position Number of Positions: Special Employment Designations/ Requirements Per UC Policy Conflict of Interest: N/A Critical: Continued employment contingent upon completion of satisfactory background investigation. Driving Record: N/A E-Verify Check:
Certain positions funded by federal contracts/subcontracts requires UCLA to notify job applicants that an E-Verify check will be conducted and the successful candidate must pass the E-Verify check.
More Information This position does not require E-Verify check. CANRA:
Is this position designated as a mandatory reporter under CANRA? No Other Special Employment Requirements: Position is subject to performance standards and other requirements of the University wide Police Policies and Administrative Procedures.
Return to Search Results
About The Regents of the University of California
The Regents of the University of California is the governing board of the University of California.