Proven processes. Proven people. Proven performance by a trusted, award-winning solutions provider and partner.
Founded in 2007 and headquartered in Dumfries, Virginia, ALEX - Alternative Experts is an ISO 9001:2015-certified Woman Owned Small Business (WOSB) that's changing the way government does business by delivering a powerful, industry-leading array of core services to help its clients achieve mission-critical objectives.
Job Title: Junior Engineer/Data Scientist
Location: Dumfries, VA
Interested in being sponsored for a security clearance and kickstarting your career in the defense industry? ALEX - Alternative Experts is now hiring an engineer with strong creative problem solving skills for an opening within our data science team in Dumfries, VA. With a heavy focus on professional development, we are open to considering candidates at various skill levels and from a diverse range of academic disciplines (mechanical engineering, software engineering, mathematics, physics, and more). The selected candidate will become a member of our technical data science team to assist in the creation of cutting-edge Machine Learning tools using Deep Neural Networks.
* Meet and maintain secret level Security Clearance Sponsorship Eligibility requirements. A higher clearance level may eventually be required.
* Strong technical proficiency with Python
* Ability to conduct detailed, annotated research
* Excellent written & verbal communication skills
* Understanding of Deep Neural Networks
* Knowledge of Natural Language Processing tools
* Experience with data science toolkits, such as Python's NLTK, REGEX, SciPy, or NumPy
* Experience with NoSQL databases, such as MongoDB, Cassandra, or HBase
* Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical field
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability. Applicants must be able to perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations will be made to allow employees to meet the essential functions of the job, unless those accommodations cause undue hardships on the employer. To request a reasonable accommodation, contact the Human Resources Department at HumanResources@alexinc.com.
* Woman-Owned Small Business
* VEVRAA Federal Contractor
* Affirmative Action Employer
* Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities are highly encouraged to apply