Akuna Capital is a young and booming trading firm with a strong focus on collaboration, cutting-edge technology, data driven solutions and automation. We specialize in providing liquidity as an options market-maker - meaning we are committed to providing competitive quotes that we are willing to both buy and sell. To do this successfully we design and implement our own low latency technologies, trading strategies and mathematical models.
Our Founding Partners, Andrew Killion and Mitchell Skinner, first conceptualized Akuna in their hometown of Sydney. They opened the firm's first office in 2011 in the heart of the derivatives industry and the options capital of the world - Chicago. Today, Akuna is proud to operate from additional offices in Sydney, Shanghai, and Boston.
What you'll do as a Junior Developer on the Web Team at Akuna:
We are seeking Junior Developers to join our innovative and growing technology team at Akuna. In this role you will work directly with traders, quants, and other software developers to design, build, test, and maintain real-time data visualization tools. The tools you build will aid traders in managing volatility, assessing risk, and fine-tuning the parameters of our system.
Qualities that make great candidates:
* BS/MS/PhD in Computer Science, Engineering, Math, Physics or related field completed upon employment
* Experience with HTML & CSS
* Familiarity with REST interfaces, WebSockets / Server push, Linux, git, scrum etc. a plus
* Strong analytic and problem-solving skills
* Excellent communication skills and an ability to collaborate with the team to develop innovative solutions
* Knowledge of / willingness to learn about finance (derivatives, exchanges, market-making etc.)
* Self-starter attitude with the ability to work independently
* Major GPA of 3.0 or above
* Must be graduating Summer 2020 or prior
* Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required on the first day of employment including F-1 students using OPT or STEM