Junior Data Scientist
Addx Corporation (Addx), a rapidly growing Amazon Web Services Public Sector Services Partner, has an opening for a Junior Data Scientist to assist a Navy client in moving from a human-centered Subject Matter Expert (SME)-based business model to a business model using a knowledge-based solution. Addx is looking for high-energy problem solvers who have qualifications and experience in implementing a continuously learning knowledge management (KM) environment. The solution we will build will employ artificial intelligence, machine learning, and natural language processing to create an adaptive solution that becomes "smarter" with each transaction. This knowledge-learning process is essential to handle the many current systems supported by the Navy that may have multiple deployed versions of each system operating in the Fleet.
This role requires skilled, technically knowledgeable, and experienced support to develop new business intelligence reports, analytical capabilities and data warehouses; execute development for enhancements and maintenance of IT systems within AWS environments; and execute special projects.
Mandatory Qualifications (Education, Certifications, Experience, Skills)
* Minimum Qualifications: Must possess a Bachelor's degree
* Candidate shall have demonstrated at least 3 years of (a) sampling, (b) collecting, computing, and analyzing statistical data, and (c) applying statistical analysis techniques typical to exploratory data analysis. Demonstrated ability to create documents, reports, metrics and any other necessary documentation.
* Familiarity with data extraction modeling and data mining
* Familiarity with Knowledge Management Models, Capability Enablement
* Candidate shall possess the necessary skills to write scripts in R or Python to conduct exploratory and advanced statistical analyses.
* Candidate shall possess the skills necessary to clean and process data. Candidates shall possess the skills necessary to extract data from data warehouses.
* Candidate shall possess excellent oral and written communication skills with emphasis on complex technical and statistical topics and effectively communicating details with all levels of management.
* Candidate shall possess the necessary people skills to identify requirements and deliver results.
* Either possesses (preferred) or has ability to obtain a DoD security clearance
Desired Qualifications (Education, Certifications, Experience, Skills)
* Familiarity with machine learning concepts within AWS environments.
* Experience writing scripts in both R and Python to conduct exploratory and advanced statistical analyses is preferred.
* Experience managing and maintaining structured, semi-structured, and unstructured data, as well as structuring and wrangling data as appropriate for statistical data analysis, is preferred.
* Experience with multiple programming languages, including Python, C++, R, Matlab, or Java-Knowledge of various machine learning algorithms, statistics, and mathematics principles
* Ability to easily learn new programming languages