Job Opportunity Job ID: 56962 Description:
At Children's Health, we value the role each team member plays in helping us deliver on our mission of making life better for children. We take pride in providing a rich and rewarding career opportunities that enable team members to reach their highest potential.
ABOUT THE JOB:
Monitors multiple security technologies using the Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) as well as other Security Applications to detect IT security incidents. Follows detailed operational processes and procedures to appropriately analyze, escalate, and assist in remediation of critical information security incidents
SOME HIGHLIGHTED RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Tunes SIEM and IDS/IPS alerts and rules.
* Provides knowledge sharing with Cyber Security team peers via formal and informal training events, brown bag sessions and web-based demos.
* Continually improves cyber security operations center abilities and value to internal customers
* Acts as a cyber-security evangelist to educate fellow IT team members on cyber security best practices
* Reduces the enterprise attack surface
* Enhances Incident Response detection capabilities as well as reliance against attacks
* Advises on defining and implementing overall security strategy, policies and procedures.
* Carries out and evaluates investigative work regarding potential threats.
* Assists in handling simulated and actual disaster scenarios.
0-2 years' experience in the following areas:
* Information security related experience, in areas such as: security operations, incident analysis, incident handling, and vulnerability management or testing, system patching, log analysis, intrusion detection, or firewall administration.
* Experience in network operations or engineering
* Event analysis leveraging SIEM tools (McAfee Nitro preferred)
* Incident investigation and response skill set
* Log parsing and analysis skill set
* Networking fundamentals (TCP/IP, network layers, Ethernet, ARP, etc.)
* Malware operation and indicators
* Current threat landscape (threat actors, APT, cyber-crime, etc.)
* IDS/IPS systems
* Windows and Unix or Linux
* Firewall and Proxy technology
* penetration techniques
* DDoS mitigation techniques
* Data Loss Prevention monitoring
* Forensic techniques
* Protocol analysis experience (Wire shark, Gig Astor, Net witness, etc.)
* Basic knowledge of audit requirements (PCI, HIPPA, HI Trust)
* Experienced in mentoring and training junior analysts
* Experience in system administration on Unix, Linux, or Windows.
Two-year Associate's degree or equivalent experience preferred
LICENSES AND CERTIFICATIONS (Preferred, but not required):
* Certified Incident Handler (GCIH)
* Certified Intrusion Analyst (GIAC)
* Certified Ethical hacker (CEH)
* Networking Certifications (CCNA, etc.)
* Platform Certifications (Microsoft, Linux, Solaris, etc.)
* Certified Expert penetration tester (CEPT)
Children's Health offers opportunities for learning and career development; competitive pay; and a comprehensive benefits program. We promote a diverse and inclusive workplace. Our team members have a voice in their work through surveys, pulses and town halls. And we honor and celebrate our staff with year-round employee appreciation events.
We invite you to learn more about Children's Health.
Requirements: Job Family Professional & Management Expertise Information Technology - Analyst Job Type Full Time Location Plano, Texas