Global Partners Lp
This role is a true partner with the Information Technology (IT) dept. as well as many of Global's retail business units. You will grow into an expert in the operation and functionality in the PDI Store Systems for gas & convenience stores.
You are organized, personable and love to learn ! You know your way around various kinds of computers. You have good communication skills, both speaking and writing. You like developing new solutions as well as supporting existing solutions.
This position participates in the daily technology and process support of our PDI Enterprise and Store level systems. Candidates must be willing to embed themselves with our accounting, audit and store operations teams and bring their experience in the Fuel and Convenience Store industry to improve our operations each day.
* You will eventually…..
* Serve as liaison between business functions and IT.
* Constantly looking for better ways to utilize PDI as a business tool to maximize the return on investment
* Development, support and documentation of automated programs to improve the efficiency of any GDSO employee
* Determine how the system is being used, clearly define what the issues are and what training the users require.
* Work closely with HR trainers to build the proper curriculum
* Strong knowledge of Global's business practices and how PDI can support them
* Go To person to answer system functionality and business process questions
* Stay abreast of PDI's product strategy and help plan upgrade strategies by identifying business benefits in new releases.
* Intimately involved in unit and system testing for all system changes and upgrades.
* Determine how Global's acquisitions will fit into PDI
* Coordinate and prioritize changes to PDI's software or configuration
* Sit with the major end user group(s)
System Analysis, Development & Support
* Collaborate in the design, development and deployment of applications and enhancements.
* Configure software scripts, programs and interfaces to create new or enhance functionality.
* Ensure all system control processes are followed and compliant with corporate policies
* Provide end-user support, release/upgrade management, testing, and user training.
* Support user documentation, data interface design, data migration and reconciliation
* Provide orientation and training to end users for all modified and new systems.
* Review and analyze the effectiveness and efficiency of existing systems and develop strategies for improving or further leveraging these systems.
* Create process models, specifications, diagrams and charts to translate conceptual user requirements into functional requirements in a clear manner that is comprehensible to developers/project team.
* For projects, define technology scope, deliverables, timelines and resources that support project goals in collaboration with project managers, senior management and stakeholders.
* Development of the Store PDI Desktops, Tasks, and Checklists -This includes the management of the items to perform daily tasks and the security settings such as:
* Enterprise & Store Assistant (SA), inventory handheld devices
* Market Basket
* Focal Point
* Inventory Process
* Assist with support and management of the Retail Accounting screens
* You love to learn new things!
* You like to work with other people!
* You know your way around a PC or a Mac or servers.
* Good customer service & communication skills
* If you have worked in a retail store, that's a plus ! especially a convenience store.
Formal Education & Certification
* Preferred: Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university or equivalent work experience
* Preferred: Certifications are helpful but not required. Some disciplines include: ITIL, Six Sigma, Project Management, Business Analysis, Application or Infrastructure Design, Administration and Support.
* Software support and configuration experience is helpful.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We consider applications for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, citizenship status, genetic information or any other legally protected status.
About Global Partners Lp
Global leads in logistics of transporting Bakken/Canadian crude oil and energy products via rail, from US/Canada to refiners and customers to East/West coasts.