At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
About the Role
We are seeking a Certification Program Manager to manage certification timing and requirements around all major and minor worldwide product launches. The Certification Program Manager will work closely with the Hardware team and Launch team to ensure that we can meet launch timing in new localities.
It is important that candidates have a strong understanding of hardware development, technical issue resolution and certifications. The person in this role needs to be able to gather requirements from various stakeholders, create a cohesive plan and help the team execute.
In addition, this role requires strong communication skills, an ability to shepherd a cross-functional team through complex issues, and an ability to capture and create new process when needed.
What You'll Do / What You'll Need / Bonus Points / About the Team
What You'll Do
* You are a bridge and a connector for the company.
* You are intuitive, attentive, driven, organized, insightful and productive.
* You work collaboratively to allow engineers to be better, faster and more informed.
* You address communication issues and effectively develop relationships with stakeholders at all levels of the organization.
* You build trust across the organization.
* You are not afraid to be passionate, but you strive to act with empathy and integrity.
What You'll Need
* Experience in a hardware development field - bonus for transportation, consumer electronics, batteries, and industrial products.
* Experience managing a team through a certification process
* Experience managing cross-functional teams to solve complex problems
* Strong communication skills, particularly status reporting and presentations
* An engineering degree or technical background
* Technical depth with experience in understanding technical designs, challenges and risks.
* Analytical. Ability to understand complex concepts and make well-reasoned decisions with imperfect data.
About the Team
We are looking for Program Managers who thrive in fast-paced, unstructured environments. You understand from experience that every problem is unique and requires evaluating solutions from different perspectives.
Uber is a provider of a mobile application connecting passengers with drivers for hire.